Pages

Saturday, 29 January 2011

SKIES OF BLUE

I see skies of blue, no clouds of white, bright blessed day, (all sung in best Louis Armstrong voice)

In fact this is the view that greets me each day in my studio.



and it is a bright blessed day.....


Birds on the Wire is my take on Challenge no 1. At sunset each day hundreds of these little birds came and sat on the telephone lines.  So  in true scrapper style I took photos.

When I scraplift I always end up deviating completely from the sketch or layout that I am using, but it does get me going and that is what I think it is all about. Giving me my mojo back. Anyway, on this layout I used cardstock and one piece of patterned paper (the name ofwhich for the life of me I cant remember) that I used both sides of. I chose a peachy colour bazzil for the background, and the big circle I did in a deeper shad of the same colour and then painted it with a Tim Holtz mini mister to give a shimmer for sunset. I left the photos as is because they were almost black and white anyway. The patterned paper I used for the strip down the right had side of the left hand page, and made a strip of the reverse side to use along the  bottom with the black ribbon (for the wire). I cut out the flying birds in black bazzil using my Slice.  Finally I used some flowers in the same green from the patterned paper just for a pop of colour.

I hope you will try this challenge too.


Have a glorious Saturday.


2 comments:

  1. I also see that sky, but now there are clouds of white, let's hope they don't shed their water for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation of the scrap map.

    ReplyDelete