Pages

Saturday, 26 February 2011

Mabula Mutterings



Ilse, Mel and Felicity arrived to pick me up at 9.30 on Monday morning. Already the combi was full and still Ilse found room for all of my stuff and we hit the road. I love road trips with the girls. Pam, Vanessa and Suzi were in another car and Beryl was meeting us at our first coffee stop.


And yes there was plenty of room for us girls too.



We arrived at Mabula at 2.30 in the afternoon only to be told that we could only check in at 3.30 so we headed to the main restaurant area for a cocktail and a light lunch and also to wait for the other girls who had gone on an elephant ride. (Note to self: Don't miss out on that one next time)

 

Unpacking was a mission. How could eight girls have so much stuff for one week. Well because we had come to craft. Bedrooms were chosen, bags were unpacked and cupboards and fridges were stocked. We had a chicken couscous and roasted vegetable salad for dinner and settled down to do some crafts.



Our first visitor was a bush pig that came to visit every night that we were there. We named him Fred - Right said Fred, and we were also visited by a porcupine, whom we did not name, and I am not sure why. He was very big and kind of pretty in an ugly way. He came to visit a couple of times.


I think the first night the last of the girls fell into bed around two am.



2 comments:

  1. I so wish I could do something like this, just once in my life....
    Looks like u girls had so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that we did. I love my time away with my friends, it is very special.

    ReplyDelete