Pages

Tuesday, 1 February 2011

TECHNIQUE TUESDAY

 I thought it would be fun to introduce some techniques, some of them may be new to you but most of them will be old. I LOVE paint and include it somewhere on all of my projects, from cards to mosaics, and everything in between.

I found this coin album in my stash, which was white, and I had this paper which I absolutely love. Instead of covering the whole coin album I decided to paint it, well sponge it actually. I was able to mix my colours to match the paper exactly so I ended up with three saucers of slightly diluted acrylic paint. I started at the top with the pink and then went to a peachy colour and ended up with yellow along the bottom.

It seemed perfect for a floral theme so I used some pictures of daisies that I had. I used the main photo on the cover. In the top left hand corner I stamped a little tag that says "Bloom where you are planted".


On the inside I cute pictures of the individual flowers with a circle punch that fitted into the holes perfectly. I also used some stamped images and some embellishments, and finally some rub-ons.


and this was the result!


For the back page I chose these rub-ons and added some prima flowers for colour.


The sponging gave texture to the project which I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment