Pages

Saturday, 19 March 2011

A LONG WEEKEND

We have a long weekend this weekend - whoop whoop, it's Human Rights Day on Monday, and I know a lot of people of are very glad that they have a long weekend.

So what am I .....

doing:         making a card for a birthday on Monday
seeing:        lots of birds at the bird feeder
listening to: 5 FM
smelling:     the damp earth after the rain
wearing:     sweats
eating:        nuts
drinking:     coke light
feeling:        blue today - which is unusual for me
thinking:      I wish that some lessons were not so hard to learn

I think this will be a great weekend for a clear out and tidy up :-)

A couple of years ago we decided to have a recipe swap amongst the TT girls, we all got the same tins to keep the recipes in and scrapped them at our Thursday crops. The rules were simple. It had to be a quick and/or easy weekday dish, we decided on the categories we wanted and each week you had to produce a recipe that was typed up - on the right sized cardstock - for each of the participants. At the end of it we all had a tin and all had the same recipes. This was my tin - it stays in my kitchen and the recipes have been used over and over again.



and this was how I organised the inside.




3 comments:

  1. Love it Val! Have been trying to find those cases for absolute yonks now! Can you get them in Jhb? TFS!
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, and so, so creative! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen - we did get them here but was two years ago. Will keep a look out for you.... :-)

    ReplyDelete