Pages

Tuesday, 22 March 2011

MIXED MEDIA ART

I know I haven't posted in a couple of days, but sometimes life just gets in the way. This is not to say that I haven't been busy. I have... I am learning to crochet and knit. I just love how easy it is to access anything you want on the internet, youtube makes it so easy to learn - you just watch and copy. I have already posted some picture of the little flowers that I made and I am busy with a granny blanket for a friend. I love how it is turning out and I will put up pics when it is finished.

When we went away to Mabula with the girls Susan showed us how to knit these cool fingerless gloves for winter and so now I am making those too, I have already been onto the internet to find a little beanie that I can knit to match the gloves, will put up pics once they are finished.

In the meantime I would like to share another project that I worked on and that is mixed media canvasses. Take a look at these.  I painted the canvasses with acrylic paint. then spattered dark brown paint on with a toothbrush. I then stamped a script image over portion of the canvas using Tim Holtz' distressed inks. I then painted a rectangle of olive green paint at the bottom of the canvas.  I used a cup dipped in brown acrylic stamped on to look like a coffee ring.   I used an image from a calendar because I liked them and they fit the colours in my kitchen. I tied ribbon around the bottom of the canvas and added some flowers and some pearls and I was done. This one hangs in my kitchen and everyone that has seen it loves it. I am very happy with the way it turned out. It is one of the things that I love about mixed media art.... NO RULES!


I made this one for a very special friend...and used the colours of her bedroom.


Enjoy the rest of the week. A short week too which is nice for those that work. :-)



4 comments:

  1. Oh Val they are both beautiful! Am busy making two canvases for birthday gifts - I hope they come out as nicely as yours! TFS!
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you attach the ribbon?
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Pritt gel to attach everything that is not paper... I find it to be the best. Dries quickly and never comes off :-)

    ReplyDelete