Pages

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

MORE MABULA MUTTERINGS


I thought I would add some random pics that were taken while we were away, just because they were pretty. They have these gorgeous trees at Mabula and they were in flower. I just love the colours.


These Hornbills were so funny. They got onto Suzi's car and were pecking away at their reflections in the windscreen, kept me entertained for a long time to and hundreds of photos.


We were only visited by the monkeys twice this time. The first time they came one of them was injured. It looked like it had been caught in a snare by it's front leg, and it really upset me. I know that nature is really cruel but it was too much for me. So the second time they came I got a picture of this mommy and her baby. They really are very sweet. Hard to image that they are so dam cheeky. 



We also got a visit by our resident warthogs and although you are not supposed to feed them I just had to push the boundaries to see how close I could get them to come... I have to say that I was more than a little nervous. Makes for an amazing photo though.


The rest of the day passed by rather peacefully until I got bitten - not once but twice - by this cute little guy. He managed to get into my scrapping bag and when I put my had into the pouch he bit me. I didn't know what it was and pulled my hand out only to put it back in again for a second go. 


I know I should have gone for shots.... Tetnus at least but I figured I would be ok so I didn't go, and yes I am a baby when it comes to injections. Mel let him go but I am kinda thinking he would have made a cool pet :-)

Yes, I know you can't take animals out of the parks and things -  it was just a thought.


Then as the sun was going down on our final night at Mabula Beryl and I were playing with our cameras trying to get the sunset. I am pretty happy with this shot. Looks as serene as it was there.

So all I have to say about my week away is that I love those girls. They are fun to be with and fun to go away with and I look forward to doing it for a long time to come...... 





No comments:

Post a Comment