Pages

Wednesday, 20 April 2011

HUMP DAY


It's hump day again and we have a short week this week with Easter. So, if any of you are going away please travel safe.

This is the third of the double pages that we did from Bo Bunny and I think it is my favourite page. The title was our family but I chose to change it to our wedding. I did an album with the few photos that I did have from our wedding when I first started scrap booking. I have now found my style and I hate some of the earlier pages that I did... cutting out the photos and stuff... what was I thinking.

Anyway when I got married I chose not to do the whole white fairy tale thing. Instead I opted for a very small wedding in our garden. Just my grand parents, parents and siblings and Simon's parents and his siblings. I wore a gorgeous grecian mint coloured dress with a scarf tied around my head. My gran made my flowers for my head and my bouquet  from paper and they were exquisite. Simon was in the police and we had the police photographer take the pictures. I only got about 20 (the only thing I would do different), and this is the only photo I have of me with my mom and dad. I don't know what happened to all the family photos and my dad was a big cine fan so a lot of the stuff was captured on film. That fact alone makes this page very special for me. My mother died four years after I got married, and there is still not a day goes by that I don't miss her and wish that I could see her just one more time. I was also so young here, married at just 21, and Simon was 22, seriously. This year we have been married for 34 years, quite a feat today.




2 comments:

  1. Oh Val it is a beautiful layout! Almost - almost - as lovely as you look in those photo's! A real "Betty Boop" girl you were back then! TFS these wonderful memories
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have left a little something on my blog for you :) http://shoestringscrapbooking.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/04/liebster-blog-award-.html

    ReplyDelete