Pages

Saturday, 14 May 2011

IT'S THE WEEKEND BABY!


Well it's the weekend again, and I was reminded this morning by a friend, I bumped into at the shops, that I haven's posted for a while. Thank you Karen Stein :) you are right I haven't. Blogger was down and when ever I tried to get into my blog  the screen just went white. I realised this morning that I had tried to add a widget and clearly something went wrong and when I removed the widget, viola, there was my blog again.

We have started another challenge with the Thursday girls. Mine is nearly done. I will post that up soon. In the meantime I am going to share with you an acrylic album that I made. I think it may have been one of the classes at one of the conventions but I don't remember. Anyway here it is. I chose to do it in purple and lime green because I loved the papers, and I used pictures from a family shoot we had. Which also reminds me it is time to have another one.

This is the front cover of the album, and you can see through the layers to the other pages. The trickiest part of the whole exercise is making sure that you can see through all the layers and that you don't block the entire album.

So I started the album with a picture of me because I wanted to do it on my family. I put the picture of me in the top quarter matted on a small square of the purple. Diagonally opposite I pasted a small round window and then left the page at that except for the flower and a bit of paint around the edges.


This is the back side of the front cover. As you can see you get the reverse side of the window for another picture to show through, and I put a picture over the backside of the mat, and finished it of with some ric.rac along the edge.


Then came this page. I used the same corners in this page and just changed the papers.


And this was the back side of the page above.  All the time you are using the same areas and covering any unsightly papers from the other side.



This page is the back side of the page above, and because I was now at the end of the album I scrapped on three quarters of the page.


The final page has been scrapped all over.


And finally the outside cover of the back page.
.  


If you haven't done one of these yet, I hope you are inspired to give it a try it really was a lot of fun to do. I hope you all have a good weekend whatever you are doing. I know I see sport in my future :( Have fun.\


No comments:

Post a Comment