Pages

Monday, 16 May 2011

TO DO LIST


It's Monday morning, and a gorgeous day here on the highveld. There is that winter nip in the air and as I am sitting having my morning tea and writing all my "to do's" for the week I spotted these two little birds at the bird bath. Totally oblivious to everything around them, playing in the water and looking like they were just enjoying life. I didn't think I would have time to get my camera and take a picture - but I did.


As I was sitting watching them I realize how much we complicate our lives, we rush from one thing to the next, packing our days full, so much so that we often forget to stop and really notice what is going on around us and what we have to be grateful for. It is so easy to forget the little things. 

I found a blog over the weekend where they were encouraging you to take a picture every day of something that you are grateful for, and I thought it was a fabulous idea. I don't know if I will stick to it but I think it is a good idea because it will make me stop and think about all the things that I  have am grateful for.

Take time to smell the roses.....


No comments:

Post a Comment