Pages

Monday, 4 July 2011

OMG IT"S MONDAY AGAIN


I am seriously lacking in any form of crafty mojo at the moment, I feel like nothing excites me at the moment, nothing seems to work out the way I want it to and it all seems rather yuk, and that is not a good place to be. I would like to know how you overcome creative block? I have loads of inspiration all around me, in files, on the computer and in magazines. Could it be that I am a procrastinator? ME? Never!

I had a long time to think about it last week when I was man down in bed for nearly five days. I felt so miserable, but I am happy to report that I am up and about today and feeling tons better except for a VERY sexy voice and a lingering cough. While I was in bed I was trying to come up with ways that would get me excited and motivated again..... nothing! But I am not going to let it get me down.

I am spring cleaning. Today I did the downstairs. I cleaned, cleared and sorted shelves, cupboards and tables. How do we manage to store so much stuff. I did my "give away", "chuck out" or "store" boxes and I cleared out loads of stuff. I will tackle upstairs during the week. While I was doing it I was thinking about something a friend told me. She said that sometimes we have so much stuff we don't know what to do or where to start, and we feel totally overwhelmed because of it. This is definately true for me, and is exactly how I feel right now. I think it is about time I had a clear out of my studio. What about a swap or garage sale? Hmmmmmm something to think about. 

However, while I was clearing out I did find something that I absolutely love and something that I want to do more of. I am obsessed by bird houses and this one was a chipboard cutout that I got from a friend. I then assembled, covered and decorated and I just love it. 



This is the front of the birdhouse with mirror cardboard for the entrance and a little pot with paper flowers.


I used a plastic moulding painted blue as a bird bath for the one side and a saying on the roof with some flowers.


The back side of the house is decorated with rub-ons, bling and flowers.


Finally, the fourth side has a frame with more mirror cardboard inside as a window and flourishes and butterflies  on the wall and the roof.

I love everything about this birdhouse. The colours, the cottagey feel and it all came together so nicely.

I am really hoping that clearing out and finding things like this will inspire to create something beautiful again.



1 comment: