Pages

Wednesday, 21 September 2011

RANTS AND RAMBLES

Hello everyone, I know I haven't posted in over a month. What can I say I have some serious issues at the moment. Truth is I am not sure what I want to use this blog for or what I hope to get out of it. It seems to me to be a bit one sided like writing in a journal - which is the whole point I know, but it just seems to be a bit fruitless. So over the past month I have done some serious soul searching and come to amazing realizations - well I think that they are amazing. I called it Val-Belle's Ramblings for a reason - so that I could ramble on and on about whatever. So here goes nothing.

I have been severely depressed. Stemming, I realized, from my weight issues! Arrrrgggggg - there I said it. With the gentle prodding and strong support of one of the most amazing people I am blessed to have in my life and in my TT group WE (Cher and I) embarked on a weight loss journey. In three months I have lost 10 kgs and I feel like a different person, and while I want to lose a few more I have found that I have more energy, I want to go out of the house again, I am able to create once more and I am loving life again. I truly never realized just how much it affected me, and I don't know how to thank her for seeing where I was and helping me out of it. I am posting two photos here, one from the convention last year and one from this year.



I have't felt so good in myself for a very long time, and I never want to get that big again. There, rant over.
So I am going to post twice a week to begin with, a little less daunting than trying to do it every day with something new that I have made. Even if I do play 24/7. I never remember to take pics of what I am doing. 

I have nearly finished all the pages from the Convention which was fantastic as always. So I will start by posting those projects. 

Have a wonderful humpday.




5 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean because I'm a in a phase of serious changes around my blog too. i want more ramblings involved! ;-)
    Congratulations for your weight loss. It's good doing things for yourself and above all, your health. I should be more gentle to myself too.
    Good luck with your journey and your creations.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Val - that I think that effort to lose weight deserves a big WELL DONE and congrats and keep it up :-)
    You are looing amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking wonderful big up on the 10kg lose, keep it up...you will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for your positive comments. It really means a lot to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Val - just know that your loveliness shared with us is treasured.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete