Pages

Monday, 16 January 2012

JUST JANUARY


Hello again... what a busy couple of weeks it has been. Storm's birthday, my birthday, the start of our Thursday Therapy group again and I have a visitor from Ireland. 

I wanted to put these pics up before but I couldn't because these are the Christmas gifts I did for the Thursday girls and they weren't ready to do before we all went away before Christmas. I know... I know I should be more organised but I knew what I wanted and I wanted only that... I found these burlap bags at a market we have here on Thursdays and Saturdays, and got them edged in the colours that fit the girls. I wanted to have their names embroidered on the bags but that wasn't going to happen - the material was too thick so I had to go to plan B. I got big chipboard letters and painted them the same colours as the bags. 

These are what the bags looked like all together.


So happy and cheerful :D just like us girls.


Mine is blue. Although I don't really have a favourite colour I do love blue.


Desi got the orange one...


Ils will only have red anything... I think she likes it... alot!


And green for Cher.

I put their names on with rub-ons and then some flowers and ribbon to pretty them up. Willy drilled a hole in them and I attached them to the handles with ribbon. Each was finished of with a pretty big flower. Inside the bags was a matching wine carrier bag and a snack bowl. 

I think that they were pretty happy with their gifts and I had a ball making  them.

Tomorrow I will add some photos from my birthday breakfast and then hopefully I will have finished the layout I have been working on.



3 comments:

  1. I am glad you like them... they were a lot of fun to make :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Val those bags are superb! Such a clever idea to "colour" them too. Thinking... how to borrow this idea...
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete