Pages

Sunday, 8 January 2012

SPRING CLEAN

I don't know about you but I never spring clean in spring. I do mine in January, it must have something to do with a new year, new beginnings, fresh start or something :)

Anyway last year Simon and I decided that we needed to redo the patio, the TV lounge and I needed new linen for our bedroom. So we agreed that we would do all the things that we needed to do and not buy each other presents for anniversary, birthdays or Christmas, all of which fall from 26 November to 12 January.

So this is what it looked like before...


This is what it looks like now. I love it - it is so clean and fresh looking.


The dining table looked like this and the cushions were looking old and faded.


Now it looks like this. It has made such a difference and I am not sorry that this is the route we chose to go.


With that all done I decided I needed to tackle my studio. I have acquired so much stuff and it is really beginning to look cluttered. The first place I tackled was the on-suite shower, which I use for storage to. Inside the shower I had all my wrapping papers, gift bags and packets and my chipboard letters which were in a big tray. Overflowing as you can see. I went to the plastic shop and got some plastic boxes, 30 in fact and have sorted them out by letter. I am still busy with it and hope to finish today. I will then take photos for you. 


I want to have it sorted and tidy by the end of the week so that I can start scrapping again. I have lots of projects in mind for this year.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend wherever you are and whatever you are doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment