Pages

Wednesday, 8 February 2012

OPERATION CLEAR OUT


Hello Everyone... It's Wednesday again and NO I haven't gone AWOL... I have been busy sorting out my studio. I didn't intend to do this but once I started I couldn't stop until it was all done. Now I can get back to creating. 

My working desk sits between two windows which is nice for light. This is the desk that has my computer, my photo printer, my 12 x 12 photo printer and my everyday HP printer. I also keep my phone, my sewing machine and my slice on my desk here because they are close to the plugs. To the right of my desk underneath the one window I have a small set of four drawers and on top of that sits my light box and my silhouette. On the right of my desk under the other window is a two door cupboard which holds my really old photos which have been sorted by event by year and books and other things that are not pretty and that I want hidden. On top of the cupboard I have baskets which hold alphabets, bling, rub-ons and so on


Oh and also my phone charger and Ipad/Ipod docking station/clock/radio. I have to have music all the time.


Directly behind my working desk is my crafting desk and it is crammed with all the stuff I use on nearly all my pages, tools, pens, paints, glues, tapes and all that kid of stuff. Under the desk I have two sets of drawers that hold all of my stamping stuff, ink pads, acrylic blocks, cleaners, and so on.



As you can see all of my tools are kept in cream tins so that I can see at a glance what is inside. I also have a 12.x.12 cutter, although most of the time I just use a ruler and a scalpel.


I took all of the stuff off the walls. I think it is time for a change and time for some new stuff to go up. Will be working on that soon. I haven't yet gone through all my magazines which go back a number of years. My next job.


These cupboards here hold all of my cardstock in the closed cupboards underneath. Patterned paper on the lower shelves... yes all of it :D Above that is all my embellishments sorted by colour in Big Jim boxes. In front of them are small see through boxes that hold all of my small bits of ribbon. Also colour co-ordinated. Above that (which is what set me on this crusade) are all my flowers in see through paint pails. and on the left in plastic boxes are all my stickers, rub-ons and alphabets, sayings etc. On the top shelf are all my albums. and they are all full or nearly full. On top of the bottom cupboards in the blue trays are all my chipboard embellishments, alphabets, shapes, words, tags etc. On top of those on the left are baskets of flowers and on the right are plastic boxes with all my buttons. In-between is where my stereo used to be - but now that it is gone I have used the space to store all my alphabets is see through boxes from A - Z, plus two small baskets one which has all my flower soft the other has twine :D


This station on this side holds all my stamps, cuttlebug and nestabilities and also all my acrylic paints and in the basket drawers underneath all my punches. It feels really good to have a place for everything and everything in its place.

Good night all!


No comments:

Post a Comment