Pages

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

BEAUTY

Hello Everyone

They had another challenge over at Let's Scrap... scrap a page with only monochromatic colours. I have to say I didn't find it that easy... I don't know why either. I think the hardest thing for me about this challenge was to find photos that would fit the layout - that is what held me back. I just could not find the right photos. Then I decided why not just cut a photo into four pieces. Then I had to find a picture that would work. Anyway to cut a long story short I decided to use these two photos from Glastonbury Abbey. We got their quite late and the sun was just going down....yes at 5.00pm :D


I went with grey because of the church walls and this is what I came up with. I kind of like the end result. I stamped on one of the grey blocks because I couldn't find the right grey/black patterned paper and I like it. I think I may try this again. It also made me realise I need to think more as I am taking photos.

Day 12 - Fork


I really love this photo. I love the peeling fork, the colours, the light - everything. I love how sometimes I get a really nice photo. I really need to work more on my photography skills. I am absolutely clueless when it comes to taking photos and when I get a good one it is more good luck than good judgement. I have really enjoyed this photo a day challenge. I think I need to make notes when I get a good one like this so I can see where I am going wrong with other pictures.

Happy Tuesday - I hope it is a good one for you :D TTFN



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your take on the challenge! It was so hard to stay away from reds and blues for me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that layout - and the clever way you broke up the arch photograph! TFS!
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout...a true beauty! Photo's are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete