Pages

Thursday, 1 March 2012

UP


The photo challenge for day one was UP... and so up I went. I actually had two photos to choose from, the first one is the street lamp outside my house that I can just see over the top of the wall and I got down on my side of the wall and took the picture up. The other was my Karma up on my desk, and she is just so cute I was very tempted to use that one of her :D


I have also finished another double page... this was also done using a sketch from Let's Scrap. I have decided that using sketches are a great way to get your mojo back. I loved the fact that there was a flap on the right hand page - which allowed me to use more of the photos that I had taken.

The page is on Wells Cathedral. We drove through Wells by chance looking for the air force museum and decided to stop and have a wander round. I had seen the Cathedral before but Simon hadn't so we went to got and have a look. The sky was so dark and the sun shone through a gap in the clouds casting an unreal light on the walls of the Cathedral. When we went inside the church the choir was practising for the evening service and it was magical. I took a video while we were in there so we could hear the singing.


The flap holds the photos of the cemetery inside the square of the Cathedral and also the little details like the windows and doors and statues.


I used a Basic grey pattern for the background that had these flowers in lilac, yellow and leaves of green which just seemed to pick up the colours in the photos perfectly. The yellow distressed paper was also basic grey and the lilac is Bazzil and the green is fabric book tape.

I am still busy trying to re-load all my photos and hope to be done by the end of the weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment