Pages

Monday, 23 April 2012

MONDAY, MONDAY SO GOOD TO ME

Hello Everyone

It's getting very chilly here in Johannesburg and I am very grateful that I have so much scrapping stuff to keep me inside :D

This is a page I did for Challenge 134, over at Let's Scrap and that was... to be inspired by listening to the theme song from Phantom of the Opera. I loved this show. I have seen it so many times and I never get tired of it. I also have the music on my ipod which I play a lot of the time that I am working. So I did this page.


I used a cream background which I spritzed with walnut ink and a mini mister with just water and perfect pearl. I used a strip of adhesive canvas tape in a lovely shade of sage and then used a strip of red ribbon and a strip of brown Bazzil that I punched with my favourite punch. I changed the picture to sepia and then mounted it on the cream and red and layered it on the brown. I added the love title in chipboard and the flowers. I punched a few hearts in red and one in brown and then finished it off with the love ticket, a heart, a flower and a small piece of red ribbon. I journalled along the outline of the page and the journalling reads...

"After 35 years of being married to me... with more than his fair share of ups and downs, this man of mine loves me. He has shown me that love can endure. I am so grateful to him for always being in my corner. My Rock!"

That was my inspiration from the Phantom of the Opera... that if you have love you can overcome anything.

The next project I did was also from Let's Scrap and it was from the QOTW, which was on "Prototype" scrapbooking and the examples given were of scrapbooking done on acetate. I had never heard of it and although I have done an acrylic album which was see through I had never done a page on acetate, so I had to give it a try.

This is what I did. First of all I put some blobs of alcohol ink on the acetate in the colours of my paper... lettuce and cranberry with a touch of lemonade. I used drops of blending solution to spread the alcohol inks around.

I then did my layout using a photo of my very cute God Daughter, Olivia.... I did my journalling on a tag and tucked it behind the mat. I put a small green photo corner in the bottom right hand corner and then some banners and a flower in the top left hand corner. 

I wanted to give this page a really whimsical feel to it so I doodled lines around all the elements on the page.
and this is what I ended up with....


Although I enjoyed working on the acetate I am not sure if I will do a lot of it. I think that put in an album with other pages it will loose its impact. I photographed it again with a sheet of white behind it so you can see the alcohol inks a bit better, and I guess if you are going to put paper behind it then you may as well just scrap on normal cardstock. 

I do like to try different things then at least when I say I don't like it I can tell you why.



Thanks for taking a look. 




5 comments:

  1. Stunning layouts Val!!! Check out the Scrap Africa blog for some great news :) I am your latest Follower, I would love for you to drop by my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Rene... I will definitely drop by your blog. Thanks so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous layouts Val, I love the colours you have used and the photos on both are adorable! Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog! Kilkenny is a beautiful town, your brother is lucky to live there :) I have spent a week in SA before and I absolutely loved it, I would happily trade to live there instead of Ireland ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved both of these projects of yours...they were both stunning! I am still wanting to do the prototype experiment...but sjoe...time is of the essence at the moment....but I must! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - your acetate page is incredible, and the tags for journalling behind the mat - just brilliant! TFS!
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete