Pages

Monday, 28 May 2012

THE END IS IN SIGHT


I have completed a few more challenges and I think I only have two more to get done before the 31st May. I have enjoyed this so much but I have to say it will be nice to not be under so much pressure :D

This next challenges inspiration came from Pinterest. It was to use these colours... I had these two photos of Simon on the bus when we did the tour of bath and I liked them and wanted to use them and they seemed perfect for this challenge.


I really like the feminine colours for a masculine page, and to make it more masculine I used the ticket stamps from Glenda Viljoen. I did break down and add the two flowers but chose ric-rac for the stems. All in all I like it for a masculine page.

This next challenge had to include a bingo card and a banner. I could not find a card that had a theme I wanted to use and so I decided to do something different. The stamps I used on this page are from Tim Holtz and one of the stamps was Charlie Chaplin under the umbrella and I knew then that I wanted to do a page on him. I was always freaked out by him and I never understood what all the hype about him was. I found these two photos of him which I have to say I absolutely love. Then I searched quotes by him and I found this one which was perfect for this page. "Failure is unimportant, it takes courage to make a fool of yourself".


I wanted everything about this page to be a contradiction for me.  So I went for the traditional straight banners, one in black and one in white and put them at right angles on the page - not straight though. I then added the red and white dot band for a pop of colour. The journalling was his quote which I put in red brackets and I love this saying. I used the 'EMBRACE IMPERFECTION' as my title and highlighted it with the black arrow. I stamped the bingo card, tickets and the silhouette of Charlie Chaplin on white Bazzill so that it was textured. I found a sheet of cardstock that had these flocked flowers on it and I cut some of them our and used them to carry the red through the page.  I love this page... I embraced the imperfection of everything being crooked and off. I used photos I love of someone who has always freaked me out and I had an ah - ha moment with the quote.

This challenge is not one of the INSM challenges but is one of the DT challenges and the spec was to scrap a page with NO photos. This was perfect for me because I had just been to a play at the school where my daughter teaches. They put on Fame - The Musical and I loved it. So I collected the tickets and a programme...

I decided to mimic the cover of the programme and because I did not have a brick stamp I used a beige cardstock and stamped a scratchy design in opposite corners in brown ink. I then splattered and ran white paint over the page, then the whole page was put into my 12 x 12 printer so that I could print the title FAME directly onto the cardstock. This was then covered with diamond glaze. I wanted to show that it was a high school musical so I used washi ruler tape in the bottom right hand corner to show the grades 8 - 12... for the journalling I used some of the quotes from the play and then added the journalling  label and a few flowers some black bling and a corner to bring in more black. This was such a fun challenge for me as I have loads of ephemera with no photos. Now I am inspired to scrap these pages.

The last challenge that I have completed is an INSM challenge to scrap where you live. :D My favourite topic, this was a fabulous page for me to do but trying to decide how I was going to tackle it was the hardest bit. There is so much I have to say about SA and eventually I decided to highlight the important things for me which was everything. I took photos of the places I have been, the mountain, the bush, the sea, midlands, wine farms, breweries, proteas, Bulls vs Sharks :)  my home, highveld thunder showers, parties, braais, soccer world cup and of course Madiba and our flag - have I left anything out?


I chose my sketch which I really took liberties with and here is my layout. I decided to write on the photos themselves all that I wanted to say... this was maybe not my best idea because some of the writing is hard to read... but I can read it and that is what really matters. I really do love this country of mine.

Shew, now I am taking a break for the rest of the night. I have my daughter coming for supper and my boy has gone back to Cape Town and I am going to miss him.

I will be back :D


No comments:

Post a Comment