Pages

Thursday, 24 May 2012

SCRAP AFRICA GUEST DESIGNER

Hello Everyone,

It has been another busy week and I have loads to post. I don't know if you remember but a while back I submitted a card for a rainbow challenge at Scrap Africa, and I was one of the winners and I was asked by them to do a Guest Design Team slot and if you head on over to Scrap Africa you can see what we all did. The spec was based on the Keep Calm posters and we had to finish the end. I had just bought Becky Flecks' Pagemaps and they arrived in the post and at the back of the book was a box template and 52 cards with all of the pagemaps that were featured in the book and I immediately knew what I wanted to do.


Keep Calm and Scrap On...


I covered the box in a blue and white gingham paper and cute the circle in white using my nestabilities, the slogan was typed on this circle in blue to match the paper and then backed onto another circle with a scalloped edge in orange (my favourite colours at the moment)


I crocheted a blue flower and layers with another blue petal and finished with a blue and white polkadot button. I then added flowers in white and orange in a cluster around the circle.


I added a rub-on that says Limited Edition at the bottom right of the box and then tied an orange ribbon around the box and knotted it. Then knotted a blue and white organza ribbon too. I also threaded two hat pins into the knot, one of the pins had blue, white and orange beads on it. 


On the back of the box I placed three blue tiles and a ribbon slide on the orange ribbon, a button to close the lid of the box and a rub-on that say One of a Kind. I punched holes in the flap of the lid of the box and tied ribbons in orange, blue and white.


The down the sides of the box I cut a strip of punched card stock in orange.

This was such a fun challenge for me and I like how my project turned out and that it was out of the box :D

I have another challenge that has been done over at Let's Scrap for the INSM and this one was a Bingo card challenge. We were given a choice of items that were written into a bingo card and you could choose which row or column you wanted to pick. I chose the first row because I liked all the choices so it was like flipping a coin. I got 3 or more photos, flowers, bling and journalling... and this is what I did with it.


I took these photos of Storm when she came to visit one day because she just looked so cute and I have wanted to use them since. I chose Authentique paper the Blissful range and originally I chose the other side of the grey paper which was the same colours as the spots but was floral with a touch of the coral in it. But when I was playing with the layout I felt that this paper side did more justice to the photos. I love this page because the photos of my daughter really stand out and that is what I wanted. I cut a strip and punched both edges and slid it underneath the two photos on the right had side and used the bottom part for my journalling. I tied a bit of coral ribbon around the top and used a couple of rub-on butterflies to finish it off. The flowers on the sides are from Prima and the heart was in my stash so I just painted it with Buttermilk paint and finished the whole layout off with yellow half pearls.

I have a couple more layouts but will post them tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by...




3 comments:

  1. thank you, Val, for your fabulous guest designing projects you created! it is really a pretty thing to have and it is totally scrappy! very cool! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val :-D
    I took up your invitation and stopped by while I'm waiting for the printed part of the birthday party invites for our grand daughter to print off.

    Goodness girl, you are seriously into the scrap booking kind of stuff!

    Curiosity question. the 'box' you made and featured in this posting.. what would it be used for? Probably seems like a 'dumb' question to you.. definitely shows I don't do this kind of stuff, huh?

    I've missed pinning on pinterest the last couple of days. I figured that once I got back on there, there would be pages and pages of things people I follow had pinned, but it only showed me one page. I know that means I've missed a lot of wonderful things :-[ Sigh...

    Well, the printer is done now. Time to go fold them, glue on the paper balloons and ribbon (super super simple compared to your creations) and then find the address for the envelopes...

    Chat with ya again sometime....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl, Yes I have missed you on Pinterest :) I normally go on at night when we go to bed.. I take my ipad with me and I can trawl...
    This box has cards inside with sketches for designs on it... so if I am stuck with something to do I can look at all the cards inside and get some inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete