Pages

Sunday, 20 May 2012

SCRAPPING UP A STORM


Hello Everyone,

Well after a totally hectic week last week I have had a wonderfully quiet and very productive week this week. The load challenge is going really well and I have done 23 layouts in 20 days so I am on track with that. I am a week ahead with my DT challenges and I have submitted work to two companies - Prima and my project to Graphic 45 as well. I have completed my Scrapzville Swap and that will be posted in the morning. More than that I am happy. I really like my own space and time to do what I really love. Make beautiful things.

I have been working my way through all the INSM challenges over at Let's Scrap numerically (unless they had a time limit) and here they are...

The first one is for the re-cycle challenge, I thought that one would be simple but it was a wee bit more challenging than I anticipated until I found this photo of my wheelbarrow. It had a broken front wheel and was being thrown out when I got the gardener to fix the wheel and I painted it white, filled it with soil and Bizzy Lizzies and it stands in my garden, look just lovely. I just love it and it always makes me happy to see it. So my photo was of something re-cycled too. The only thing on here that is not recycled was the pale pink Bazzil I used for the back ground. The darker pink mat for the photo was from my scrap box and then I began to look for stuff to use. The pink mottled mat on the left is actually a piece of fabric that I kept and I don't know where from. The circles are from Pink Paislee - canvas borders packaging and the long green tag is from Prima's flowers. The pink ribbon I cut off  a pair of PJ bottoms (they were sewn inside to hang them up) and lastly the butterfly is a clothing tag from Insync - and it was in the shape of the butterfly. I put it through my cuttlebug and inked the inside to add another colour. I love the way that this turned out and I love even more that it was all re-cycled.


This next challenge was a lot of fun. The a la carte challenge. We were given a basic sketch and each day something new was added.


 The fun of the challenge was that you had to do basic layout which required 3 patterned papers and a layered title. Day 1 was to add 3 brad or eyelets. Day 2 was a zipper and for me this was challenging, I  looked at all the embellishments you could make with zippers but none worked for the zips I had so I used mine as photo corners. Day 3 was to add some bling and then day 4 was to add staples and or clips. Then the final day was to add photo corners. If you posted each day you were in for an extra prize. This one really tested you especially if you are a planner. So this is my finished page.


The next challenge was a create your own embellishment one. So I made this card (I hardly ever make cards) I did it in pinks for a baby girl and stamped this image of the teddy bear onto pale pink card stock and water coloured it in. I then stamped the same image onto shrink plastic and coloured it in with chalks to match the larger one. I then cut the bear out and heated it with a heat gun until it shrunk, This can be quite tricky as the shrink plastic curls all over the place so you just have to be patient. Once it is shrunk just place it under something heavy like a book to keep it flat.


The last challenge I did for this week and this is also the project that I posted on Graphic 45's page is an off the wall project that had to feature stamps. I just loved this paper and I found this box that was perfect for it. I painted the  box black to unify the colour and let it dry. I chose to work with the Kraft Reflections Collection from Graphic 45, and I covered the sides with the strip and also the bottom of the box inside. The top of the box and the inside of the lid is covered with the floral paper, and I chose the quote I wanted to use and stuck it down on the right hand corner. There are photo corners on two of the corners. I used the queen of hearts card and the stamps from the Paris page. The butterfly was used from a tutorial that I was given from Michelle van Wyk at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Take a look because they really are so beautiful. Then I ran old lace all the way around the side of the box and finished it off with the flowers and the feathers and a couple of buttons. 


I will post the photos of the mini album for the swap that I did tomorrow but right now I am off to catch up on the UK version of the Voice.




No comments:

Post a Comment