Pages

Monday, 21 May 2012

SCRAP AFRICA - CHALLENGE #5


Hi Everyone

Just a quick post for the Scrap Africa #5 Challenge. This was the sketch given...


and this is what I did with it.



I have very few photos of my kids when they were small, probably because photos were on film back then and it was expensive to have them processed. I have these two photos of Stormie and her new pink bike. She looks to be about four in these photos ( I am not even sure when they were taken) but she would have gotten the bike for Christmas or her birthday which is in January... She is wearing her brothers sunglasses and a cap that her dad gave her from Multiserv - which is where he worked in those days and she is just the coolest little thing. I love that she has always had a sense of her own style and she didn't give a dam what anyone else thought. Go Stormie.

I used paper from Creative Imaginations that I found in my stash and the colours worked with the worn photos perfectly. I used the second piece to cut out the concertina flowers and all the tickets. Those fabulous stamps are from Glenda Viljoens new range and I really look forward to the stamps she brings out.

Have a great start to the new week.






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Val! I love the colours you used, although they are not my kind of colours..just love how cheerful they make this page look! Love the distressed paint look of the striped paper. And then of course those photos are ever so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet page Val!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa :)

    ReplyDelete