Pages

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

HUMP DAY :D

Hello Everyone, 

Shew it has been a very busy month so far. If you haven't taken a look at all the happening over at Let's Scrap you really should, all the INSM challenges are in full swing and there is a whole lot of them to try. I have decided that I want to do them all, on top of my DT challenges and also on top of the regular challenges going on, so here goes.

Mindi's challenge #135 (a regular challenge) was for 4... could be four of anything - here is a copy of her sketch.


Here's what I did with it...


I used Crate Paper because I love it and also because this range was perfect for the photos which were already in sepia. I also decided to switch things around a bit, primarily because I wanted to keep my photos the same. I decided to go with family of four (and looking at it now I have left out the 'of') :D I traced a bracket page for the sides and cut it in half - one for each side and used a strip of the patterned paper down the sides. I matted the photos onto green bazzil to make them pop and also to bring out the green in the paper. I also added another photo of all of us together in the middle but cut it in half. I used the tags to jot down bits of information about the four of us. I love this layout because it reminds me of how close we are as a family.


Challenge INSM12#1 - the first of the International Scrapping Month Challenges


For this one I used Kaiser Craft paper one of my favourites and I chose it because of the colours. It had all the greys of the rocks and also a cool sunshine yellow which I really loved. I decided to go with a sun embellishment and put it through my corrugating machine. I also crocheted flowers to match the yellow Bazzill I used on the page. The photos were ones that I took when we were in Uvongo last month of a few Dassies lying on the rocks in the sun.          

This next challenge really took me out of my comfort zone and was a really nice challenge to do. It was to define your scrapping style - I am definitely a classic scrapper - clean lines not to much going on. Eniko challenged us to scrap in another style. She laid out the different styles and although I want to try them all I may be pushed for time. The first one I tried was Artsy....

.                                    

This is how it came out. I used a photo of my daughter and her best friends at the races last year. They were dolled up to the nines and I thought it would be a perfect photo for my page. I traced around scalloped page onto grey bazzill and cut it out. I then spritzed the whole page with my black perfect pearls concentrating more on the bottom left corner. I used washi tape in black and white to create my T bar and raised the photo on foam core, before I placed the photo I stamped a swirl onto the grey. I wanted to try and replicate the little facinators that the girls were wearing and I started with a large circle of black net which I tacked around the edge and drew in to make a flower. I sewed a big black button into the middle and that was the base for my facinator. I used a black feather and some white flowers on long stems. I placed a few more flowers in black, white and red in the mix and a little red ribbon and finished it off with two red hat pins. I was delighted with the way it turned out.

The next challenge was a "scrap yourself scrapping".  Eniko also stipulated a list of 12 items of which you had to incorporate eight or more onto your layout. 

I don't have many photos of me scrapping but I did find these, of the first Tim Holtz convention. I think this page is a favourite of mine.


I love this page because I have all the TT girls in it, the class was an amazing one and the papers were just perfect. For me this was an easy page to put together.

I have a few more but I will put them up tomorrow.

I also joined a swap with Crafting Ireland and I am busy with that too. I have also completed my DT challenge for Scrap Africa but can only post that once it has been put up on their blog. That was a whole lot of fun for me.

Tomorrow I have all the TT girls coming to my house to scrap and I am so super excited. My camera is ready and charged and I hope to get some photos.

Happy Scrapping



No comments:

Post a Comment