Pages

Wednesday, 16 May 2012

TIME FLIES

Hello Everyone

It has been such a busy week for me and I have been chasing my tail trying to play catch up. Started last week with Clint's birthday and there was something on every day and I had people staying with me and then there was the May Day SA Scrapbook convention which was amazing.

Des and I were the only two from TT that decided to go so we stayed over at Emperors Palace on Friday night, checked into our room at about 4.00pm then strolled over to the shop to indulge in a little retail therapy. We were like kids in a candy store, it was so nice to have such nice stuff to buy, after which we headed of in search of a couple of margaritas, and prawns for dinner and earlyish to bed.

The convention rooms looked amazing, and as usual we were very spoilt with a magazine from Scrapping & Kie, an apron with all the sponsors logos, a lovely canvas bag and flower to dress up and paint on and the branch ball pen holder and turquoise rose. We were lucky enough to be at a table right in the front.


Our first class was with Debbie Schultz (and her two daughters) from Graphic 45. I loved this project - a small mini album made up of envelopes. I will post pics when I am done with it.


I was lucky enough to win a prize from them. Two packs of Graphic 45 Paper. :D :D :D


Then we had Adri Swart who did a class with us using a book with a canvas cover with a resist pattern on it and pan pastels. I am in love with pan pastels. They are like chalks but they go on like mousse foundation you can blend and mix your colours and they are just amazing. I can't wait to really play with them.


This is what I created with my book. I decided to go with shades of teal and orange (my favourite colours at the moment). This was an awesome technique to learn and the pages inside the book are all different, canvas, watercolour paper and so it lends itself to be used as a technique book.

After lunch we had Glenda Viljoen who did a project using Tim Holtz's products - which I just love. I will also post pics of that when I am finished. There was a lot to try and complete in each class but I just loved that we learned some new techniques.

Then on Sunday (Mother's Day) my kids came over early and Simon made us all a lovely breakfast on the patio. I was very spoiled by my kids and hubby too which was so nice. Then we had a Bennett family reunion of all the cousins many of whom I have not seen in 30 years, and my kids came with me to meet family they did not know. It really was a very special day for me.


Many of the cousins are spread all over the world although we did have one lot come from Alabama and another from the UK so I guess this would be about half of the full number. I never realised how much I had missed them all till I saw them again and the fact that my kids came with made it even more special. Great memories. So it has been a really hectic week. Once I took Chris back to the airport on Monday to go home I had to knuckle down and get some work done.

One of the INSM challenges was for Mother's Day - to honour our mothers.


I don't have many photo's of my mom or dad and so I used this one that I do have of my mother when she was in her early 20's, I hardly ever scrap with yellow as it is not my favourite colour but I just loved this paper with the yellow, blue, green and browns it was perfect for the feel I wanted to create.

I made a circle of buttery yellow bazzill and then covered it with a doily that I had spritzed with perfect pearls in a pale yellow. I used the same pale yellow for the ribbon across the bottom, I used only three flowers, two in the buttery yellow and one green one. The journalling quotes are in dark brown as are the little pearls and I finished it off with a buttery yellow button and twine which I wrapped around the photo which I matted on the turquoise blue. I love how it turned out and it is just so my mother.

I will be back tomorrow to post some more challenges and pages for you. Now I have to go take care of a sick hubby.



1 comment:

  1. I love your mini album...I love the colours and I would love to go for a class in using pan pastels.

    ReplyDelete