Pages

Friday, 1 June 2012

IT'S FRIDAY


Well INSM over at Let's Scrap is over and I managed to complete all but two of the challenges, well I did the second last one but as I was loading it up I re-read the specifications for the swap and I had not met them. How could I not have seen that I had to use one or more tutorials as well :) I think I was just tired and frantically trying to finish them all - anyway I did the page but it did not go into the draw which is ok by me.
This was the page. We had to use lime, hot pink, brown and turquoise for the colours, plus one or more of the featured tutorials - this paper was perfect as was the sketch because it allowed me to accentuate in the brown and to pull it all together I changed the photo into a dark sepia. I love this page and I am very happy with the way it turned out.


The reason I didn't finish all the challenges was because the girls and I decided to go to a spa for a day of pampering and relaxation. :)


It was so nice, started of with breakfast at Doppio Zero, then to the spa for a jacuzzi, mani and pedi,


Followed by a facial, which was really nice then lunch - an open sandwich platter and iced tea - all very healthy - and after lunch we had a full body massage then finished off with coffee at Fego's and home. It was such a fun day. I forget how much fun I have with those girls. So, THANK YOU girls.

This was the layout we were given for this weeks challenge...


I really wanted to use these photos from a pub in Ireland but they were all landscape so I had to adjust the layout accordingly.


The paper I used is Scenic Route and it was perfect for my photos. I also chose to only use the circles at the bottom and put my title at the top but I like how it turned out. It is a cheerful pages that totally reflects who I am.

And, finally I finished Glenda Viljoens layout from the convention and I love it. Not the same as the original but that is ok. This was a fun one to do with all the stamping and painting. The cogs were painted with Tim Holtz distress stains and then spritzed with Perfect Pearls and they are gorgeous.. I did this page for Simon because I don't often do pages for him, and he does love his car.



We have also found a new place to scrap, Frappe at Dainfern. Our first time scrapping there was on Thursday and Paola went out of her way to make us feel welcome, baking these gorgeous cupcakes.


Desi and Cher... let me tell you those cupcakes didn't last long ;D


Ilse and I - we had such a fun time there. I really really love these girls and I would scrap in a field with them.


Now that all the frantic scrapping is over I am going to take a break this weekend, I have printed out my challenges for June and will just work through them methodically.

Hope you all have a lovely, chilled weekend what ever you are doing.



2 comments:

  1. Hi! How cool that you were able to teach a class in Ireland!! :)
    And congrats on finishing so many challenges for Let's Scrap.
    I love your take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary Jo, I have loved being on the Let's Scrap design team it has been so good for my confidence :D

    ReplyDelete