Pages

Thursday, 12 July 2012

100 LAYOUTS IN 2012

Hello Everyone,

I thought that I would share a couple of layouts that I have done recently, this first on was a challenge over at
Let's Scrap, my favourite web site... The challenge was to only use cardstock, ribbon and brads and nothing else.


My first reaction was OMG how am I going to do that. It was actually such an easy challenge to do and when you start to think about it there a loads of things that you can do. I started by selecting my photo, and I had this one from some photos I took of flowers in my studio and I really loved this particular photo... it's one of those that you look and and think "did I take that". I used white, pink and then green cardstock.  I cut the pink mat across the page then punched six 2" squares out of the green. I decided to emboss three of the squares only and placed them down the right hand side. I matted the photo onto white cardstock to make it really stand out and stuck that down. The photo corner was cut with the slice machine in two different sizes so that they could be layered. The bottom strip of green was punched using my Martha Stewart punch and adhered below the pink. I then finished it off with a piece of ribbon. I wanted something on the green so I used my hole punch to make some small circles which were then put onto the green and then three in green in the top right of the page. I punched the butterfly from my MS punches, and cut the title with my slice machine. Easy Peasy.



For this next one I just love this photo of Storm, and I really wanted to use it on a single page. I used some off-cuts of My Minds Eye - BeLoved range of papers and put this together using a sketch from Let's Scrap. These are some of my favourite colours to scrap in and I just love this page. It makes me smile every time I see it.

Laters,

3 comments:

  1. Val, I love both of your layouts. What number layout are you on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your first layout, Val, and think it would also make a "perfect" card, too! Your layout with your beautiful daughter should be submitted somewhere for publication! It is absolutely amazing, amazing, amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol I have done my 100 :D
    Thank you Kay for your comments.... you are amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete