Pages

Monday, 16 July 2012

SKETCH #7 - Scrap Africa


Good morning everyone from a VERY chilly Johannesburg. Winter has finally arrived, although it is still 11 degrees, the sun is out and the sky is clear.

 I have the heater on in my studio while I try to wrap up all my stuff before I go away on Sunday.

I want to share a page with you that I did this weekend for Scrap Africa challenge #7. I changed the photo to Black and White and added one of my favourite quotes to it. I am a huge fan of white space on pages and have been playing around with paint and glimmer mists too. I kept this page very clean and just used white Bazzill, which I rolled lines of paint using a pizza cutter, spritzed with perfect pearls and used a tooth brush to create spatter and the larger drops of paint. I matted the photo onto pink and just used two strips of pattern paper to create the banner. I added a strip of black and white washi tape to the right side as well and then another piece of washi tape (photo frames) across the page. I the clustered white and black and pink flowers in the bottom right hand corner and finished it off with a couple of swirl rub-ons. I moved the title to the top because it just didn't sit right along the left hand side of the photo. I journalled around the edge of the page with some of my favourite quotes.



I don't know how I am going to manage not scrapping for six weeks, on the up side I will be posting a European travelog. :D

I hope you are all managing to keep warm, those of you that are cold, and keeping cool - all of you that are so hot.

Laters



10 comments:

  1. Oh my Word!!! I absolutely, truly love this LO of yours! Love how the focus is 100% on the photo with just the right amount of elements to compliment it...Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is freezing cold in PE too. Gorgeous layout Val.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is so pretty. A six week holiday, lucky you! I look forward to your posts/pictures from the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page is lovely, all the clever bits you did to it. Enjoy your trip, I know it is hard not crafting, but as you say you will be in touch with us during your holiday. Go Safe and God Bless. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful layout! I love the soft pinks with the touch of grey & black...so so effective! Gorgeous cluster too...awesome take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layout Val and is just so special! I love the colouring and flowers and the background painting! So perfectly balanced and the sentiment gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the TOP 3 at Scrap Africa Val...so very deserved and a super, super layout! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for lovely comments...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry I missed this when you posted it, Val, but am seeing it today and absolutely loving it! I am working on a book about me now and trying to make sure I manage to get into photos with my grandchildren. It is important that future generations know who *we* are, too.

    ReplyDelete