Pages

Saturday, 13 October 2012

BUSY WEEK :d

Hello again :D

This time I do sort of have an excuse for not posting this whole week. I decided to do the LOAD challenge over at Let's Scrap. The challenge is to make a layout a day for the month. So far so good, I am a bit ahead which is good because I know I don't tend to get much scrapping done on a weekend.

I have combined some of the the LOAD challenges with the weekly challenges over at Let's Scrap, this was one of them. I love this sketch and have a feeling it will be one that I use over and over again because I can get lots of photos on the page.


This is my completed layout. I used random photos that I took while I was on my holiday in Ireland. These were photo I took "just because" for no other reason than I thought they were pretty, interesting or unusual.


For this page I chose to use plain cardstock, because there are so many photos and I didn't want them to get lost.  I did use some scraps of paper from my scrap box for some of the squares to break it up a bit and then I kept my embellishments white. I splashed the card with white paint from a toothbrush and then spritzed with perfect pearl. Once I had placed all the photos I did some fake stitching with a white pen between all the photos. I added a small camera, a bird, a heart, a butterfly and a label all in white and cut on my slice machine and used some white dotty organza at the bottom of the page. Tied a small camera charm to the know a used a bracket that I painted white on the right hand page. Finally, I finished it off with two white flowers.

I also used the same layout for a challenge I was running on the same web site in the photography group. The challenge was to take a photo a day - of anything - then use them in a layout. As I  have just started using Instagram. I decided to play around with it and use those photos that I took with my phone. This is the result.. 


I made all the squares 5 x 5 cms and used three pieces of scrap paper from my box. I made washi tape from the same papers and placed them at the bottom left hand corner ( this is a technique I want to do here) I made a photo corner with the same papers and placed it on top of the bingo card and added the flower and the bracket paper. Journalling written down at the bottom of the page.

This next page was for one of the DT challenges that was being run. The challenge was to create a photo-less page. Easy huh? NO! There were other restrictions too. NO stamping, inking, masking, spritzing, painting or stitching. Also to use two patterned papers, 1 die cut and 1 punch. Your own handwriting.


 At first I thought that this was a really difficult one to do but as I started it I really enjoyed it. I think that it is really good to push yourself out of your comfort zone from time to time and this was one of those times but I am very happy with the outcome. When I was in Ireland I did some research into our family history (on my dads side - who are Irish) and I found their family crest and I bought one. The heritage theme made it easier to pull together for me. I used plain cardstock and then Graphic 45 paper with the clocks. I also cut some of them out. I used washi tapes in black and white, punched the hearts out and added the "all of us, roots and the black circle" stickers. Finished it off with some black ribbon, some half pearls and a couple of little roses.

This is a card that I made for the LOAD challenge too.


 I discovered this stamp in my box and I just loved it and had to use it. I raided my scraps box and this is what I came up with. 

This was the next sketch that I chose to use for a page. It is an old one but I really like it.


When I was in Ireland my sister in law Ali and I went to Belfast for a week and when we were there we went to St Georges Market which was started in 1604 - yes it's true. It was an amazing market with all kinds of stalls but lots of produce and my favourite one was this cupcake stand. I have NEVER seen cupcakes like it before in my life. Needless to say we bought one of each to take home with us and they tasted just as yummy as they looked.


I had these Kaiser Kraft papers in my stash since forever. They are really bright but they had cupcakes on them and I really wanted to use them. I considered changing my photos to black and white but wasn't sure they would really work so I just went for it. I used three of the papers, the strip for the background the green and the bright pink for the punched border and the tags at the top (One of the tags has slipped behind the photo I see :)) I cut out some of the cupcakes to use as accents and I think it turned out ok.

Finally this last weeks challenge is using a Valerie Salmon sketch which is very nice.



Here's what I did with it. I have loads and loads of photos from Ireland and I really wanted to use these photos of a gypsey with his caravan, donkey and dog that were entertaining people in Dingle. 


I found these MME papers that were perfect for my photos too. I used a pumpkin orange for the background and the flowers paper for the main matt. I used three co-ordinating papers for the strips, and banners. I cut out some of the flowers to use and only added one other flower and heart, a quote and some bling. This was such a fun page for me to do.

Thank you for taking a look. Have a great weekend.

Bye




1 comment:

  1. Awesome layouts...I love to see what people do with Allison Davis sketches;-)

    ReplyDelete