Pages

Tuesday, 30 October 2012

CREATIVE SCRAPPERS

Hello Everyone

I came across this site called Creative Scrappers and they have a sketch challenge on at the moment and I love challenges so I decided to give it a go. Here is their sketch.


Here is my take on it.



I was sorting out all my photos and I found these ones of my daughter from a couple of years ago. She had a professional photo shoot done...I think she looks so beautiful in them and over the weekend she was telling me she needs to go on diet, she wants to get her boobs made bigger and she doesn't like her hair and so on. It made me think how most of us are unsatisfied with the way we look and we wished we looked another way or if only we had curly hair or longer legs or whatever. She doesn't believe me when I tell her that one day she will look back at these photos and think I was really beautiful.

I love these papers and there is no name on them so I don't know whose they are but I think they work really well with the sepia photos.


I cut flower shapes using my nestabilities instead of circles and then added some pearls to tie in with the pearl brackets. I also used a strip of lace under the photos.


I painted the letters brown and added some diamond glaze and found a rub-on that I just had to use that says " Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children." by George Bernard Shaw. So true I think :D




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and photos! You did a wonderful job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I just LOVE the colours you choose for your layout!!! Such a harmonic composition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very good take on the sketch, It frightened me a bit, you did well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Val....love this layout...the colouring is sooo super! Very feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry forgot to mention....check at Scrap Africa...you won the random prize from Celebr8!!! Yaaaaaay! ;-)

    ReplyDelete