Pages

Wednesday, 17 October 2012

GIFt


Hello Everyone

I am just going to do a quick post today... such a hectic day for me but more about that in a bit.

This page is for the latest Scrap Africa challenge which is to create a "white" page. You are allowed to use other colour only. Seeing as though this photo of my baby girl was in sepia I decided to add a bit more of that colour. I am not wild about white on white for anything because for me whites are NOT all equal and that really doesn't do it for me, even on this layout the white of the pearls, flowers and the thick washi tape is different to the white of the cardstock and the doilie.


I started off with plain white bazzill and splashed it with a little sepia brown paint - I also used this paint to paint the title "GIFT". Down the left hand side and across the bottom of the page is a strip of white checked washi tape. On top of this are two banners made of sepia dot washi tape. I left the doilie white but spritzed it with a mix of white perfect pearls and water. The circle inside the doilie is sepia card stock, after placing the photo I added the white and sepia flowers and finally added the title and a couple of pearls to finish it off.

I like how this page turned out - not normal baby colours but I really like them.

So by now you all know that I am doing domestics until this weekend - whoo hoo - and that I hate it :( Well tonight we have friends coming for dinner... I have made the dinner already, well most of it. It just has to be put together and cooked later. We are having lasagne and salads and a blueberry and apple pudding with fresh cream. Yummy huh? I will take photos later :) anyway that is not the stress part.

You also know by now that I am mommy to four totally adorable yorkies... well actually they have become nightmare dogs... barking almost non-stop (I am so sorry neighbours) and now they are weeing all over my house :( BAD DOGS! So I enlisted the help of a Pet Behaviourist and she came this morning to help me sort out my mutts. One of the worst things is that when the gate phones the house to say someone is here they know and they already start barking. I thought we were in for a rough time but as soon as I opened the door they STOPPED barking and sat down quietly. How did they know? Anyway it wasn't as bad as I thought and it is all about retraining them (the hard part) but it is not as harsh as I thought it would be. Today they have been so good I keep looking to make sure they are still alive. The real test will be tonight when the Vogt's arrive for dinner. She advised me to put a sign on the door to say "PLEASE IGNORE THE DOGS TOTALLY - DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT" Jeesh I know my Simon is going to be really sceptical about all of this but I will give it a go. I have seen the difference today already and I know it is not going be sorted out over night, and at this point any improvement will be greatly appreciated. It seems as though I am the problem because they are with me 24/7 - big surprise there. 

I will keep you posted on their progress.

Bye for now.



5 comments:

  1. As the Dog Whisperer says: "No talk, no touch, no eye contact." I hope it works for you.

    Your white and sepia layout is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to tell you about the Dog Whisperer too. It's TV show in the states. This guy is a miracle worker. Sounds like you have found a similar person to help you in SA. Good luck with all that doggy stuff!
    I love your layout, so pretty.
    Enjoy your dinner with friends. Your dinner sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Val! I love the white and brown together and the background splashes! Really beautiful, with such a super photo too! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Page is beautiful! Baby lovely and very nice ... and the colors used really unusual ... but very nice all the matches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val! Thank you for taking part in the "white"-challenge @ Scrap Africa.
    Love the flowers and the doily!

    ReplyDelete