Pages

Friday, 30 November 2012

35 YEARS AND COUNTING :)

Hello Everyone,

I have been missing in action for a while I know. My DH and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary on Monday 26th November and he surprised me by taking me away for a two night break to the wonderful Walkersons in Dullstroom.




OMG we look soooo young in our wedding photo :D (Wait we were really young 21 and 22.

Anyway it was a really well planned and thought out break because when we got married we went away to Trout Beck Inn, at Inyanga in Zimbabwe for two nights, which was all we could afford back then. Well Walkersons is a trout farm too and we were there for two nights. It really was very romantic. I also got a beast of a lens for my camera and of course took loads of photos which I will add later.

In keeping with this theme and the new challenge which is out at CSI I decided to do a layout for our anniversary.

Here is the the case file....
The colours are just gorgeous.

Here is my layout.


Rumaging through my stash for the right colours I found this paper by Daisy Bucket called Garden Gate which was perfect for the colours, even though my brown is lighter it is the right shade. I changed the photo of Simon and I to sepia which was perfect.

I chose white for the background page, yes it really is white not pale blue, and I spritzed it with a perfect pearl shimmer, and also used my Tim Holts distress stain to make a couple of paint splotches. The flourishes were stamped with Chestnut Roan colourbox ink.

I made the envelope with one of the papers and then sewed buttons on to make the fastener. This was added to another colour and torn on one side and then matted onto a piece of cream mesh. I added the photo to the front of the envelope.


The banner was created using all the different papers and added to the top left hand corner of the page. I also tore the paper a bit to reveal the pattern paper underneath.



In the bottom right hand corner I added two banners slightly overlapped and then added the word love. I also tied thread around the envelope for a bit of interest, and made a flower by tearing circles, each one a bit bigger than the last, sprayed them with the perfect pearls and scrunched them up and inked the edges. I fastened them with a gold brad and added it to the corner of the envelope, and finished it off with a few more flowers.

 

On the left hand side of the envelope I made a little circle and matted it on a slightly bigger scalloped one... I love my nestabilities... I really wanted to use this Life is a Journey chippie on this layout as it fit perfectly, then I finished it off by adding some bling to the scalloped edges.

My Journalling is inside the envelope and was a very tongue in cheek etiquette guide to being married to me :d  and goes as follows..

35 (WONDERFUL) Years with me J
The way it really works.

When I met you 35.5 years ago I was
looking for Mr Right, ALWAYS right however
is my job, and my job alone...
What’s mine is mine,
 and what’s yours is mine too...
Marriage is all about give and take
you give and I take...
Don’t ever tell me the spark has gone because
this will get you tazored again...
If I ask you if I look as ropey as someone else,
the answer is ALWAYS, NO WAY, you
don’t look a day over 40...
If one of us HAS to win an argument
it has to be me.
Don’t ever go to bed angry, stay up and fight...
I make the rules, ALWAYS, and they are
subject to change at ANY time without
ANY notice.
At all times, what is important is what I
mean not what I say..
If I ask you “does this makes my bum look big”,
the answer is ALWAYS... NO! of course not,
your bum could never look big.
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, this
has worked well for the last 35 years,
it sure as hell will work for the next
35
Life is a journey and if I have to do it with
anyone I want to do it with you :D

I really love these challenges because they are really making me think outside the box and try new things and go where no man has gone before :D... not in this house anyway.

Thanks for taking a look :D






4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! You were a really beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wedding photo Val....and I agree some one has to make the rules. Gorgeous close ups and descriptions of your techniques :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Val on your anniversary...so awesome that you have been together all these years! Not many people stay together that long these days! Love your layout...it is just stunning and love your splashes and stamping...and just everything! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Anzouya, Helen and Denise. For me this was such a fun case to do, you are so right Denise not many people stay together anymore. :D We are very proud of ourselves. It has not always been an easy road but we have walked it together. :D

    ReplyDelete