Pages

Tuesday, 6 November 2012

A NEW MONTH

Hello Everyone,

Well I can't believe that we are already in November, seriously where does time go? I have been really busy at home and on the scrapping front. It is starting to feel like summer here now and I needed to get some spring cleaning done, I am feeling a bit bored with my house now and I need to make some changes :D Watch this space...

I have also been busy with loads of scrapping and I am very happy to say that I nailed the LOAD challenge for October that was held over at Let's Scrap I did 34 pages in 31 days :D

I have completed the new challenge over at CSI - this weeks palette is just gorgeous. Here it is...


I started by choosing a layout, and I went with this one from Becky Flecks' Pagemaps.


Here is my finished layout.


The colours were perfect for the Teresa Collins papers I had in my stash and I added the yellow dot that was in my scrap box. To bring in the grey I chose to use that as my background paper (I am still in two minds about this being a good choice. I have really battled to photograph the layout nicely, to me it just looks dirty. It really is much nicer in real life :) you have to take my word on that).

I spritzed the page with some pearly paints that I made by mixing 1 part paint, 2 parts pearly paint and about 30ml of water in a spray bottle. So I used the  three main colours, orange, teal and sunny yellow. I was so happy with the way that came out.. I also dribbled watered down white paint on the right hand side of the page. Next I rolled a pizza cutter through some white paint and rolled it along the sides of the page, this makes like tracks. I did this again with black paint, creating a border around the page, and lastly added some squiggly doodles. I stamped in the top left and bottom right hand corners in black as well.

To cut the page at a 1/3 I used a strip of fabric tape that was a yellow and white check and then added the teal washi tape and made a strip of washi tape using the orange paper. The photo was matted onto teal and the squares set down. 

I cut the journalling card with my nestabilities from one of the pieces of paper that had the lines on the reverse side and doodled around the edge. Journalling was handwritten.

Then the fun part - embellishing, with the lace, the flowers, I added a little transparency flourish to the left hand side of the photo, cut the butterflies with my MS punch in the teal and then smaller ones in the orange. Added the buttons and the bling then decided to do a bit of sewing. I decided to carry on the doodling to the title and doodled the SO... finally I added the "My family are my treasures" saying to the bottom grid.

I am really happy with how this page turned out - I just wish that it looked as nice in the photo.

Thanks for taking a look.



2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Val. I love the sketch and your layout is so vibrant and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl...I left you lots of love at CSI...a really super layout...soo perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete