Pages

Monday, 12 November 2012

CSI CASE #45


Hello Everyone

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are ready to face whatever the week brings for you. Over at CSI the new challenge is out. Here it is - how gorgeous is this colour palette - I really love these earthy colours ...


Here's how I cracked the case...


I used all of the colours in the palette. I used papers from all over YES! Really I did... The green shaped paper is from Crate Paper and I cut in in half and used the left over to cut my journalling card which is tucked away, and to punch the two MS butterflies. The bookpage paper is from Simple Stories and the clocks and the love bingo card is from Graphic 45. I think that this is the first time I have EVER used papers from different lines. :D I have to say it wasn't so hard either.

First of all I used my Enmarc Dazzles - chocolate eclaire - to spritz the background page. I cut a strip of the lighter brown cardstock and embossed with my butterfly folder. I cut a strip of the bookmark paper and punched the edge with a border punch. The mid brown I left plain. Once I was happy with the paper placement I started with the embellishements.


I punched another line of the big butterflies and cut out two of them, the clocks were also cut out as were the little stamps. I adhered the top butterfly on top of a cream lace butterfly wing that I found in my stash. Then added the prima flowers, buttons and the little copper flowers.


I cut the edge of the journalling tag and adhered buttons along the top half of the edge and created a little cluster of flowers, stamp, clock and butterfly.

For this I used a photo of my grandparents on their wedding day... I am not sure when but I think around 1930.

My journalling reads

"Once upon a long time ago a boy met a girl and the fell in love and got married sometime around 1930, and they were happily married for more than 55 years.
They left England soon after they got married and went to live in Malawi where they had six children, 5 girls and 1 boy. M first, then my mom, then Avril (who died at birth) then Romy and then Cliff Jnr ( who died after just a few months) the last aunt was Betty-Lou.
I loved my granparents more than anyone in the world and I have strived all of my live to live like they did and to make them proud of me. I hope that I have not disappointed them."

I think that the photo was perfect for this case.

Scheme     : I used all of the colours.
Evidence   :  Book pages, buttons, metal, textured paper.
Testimony :  Weave a tale... this was a fairy tale, add button to my journalling.

I think I cracked the case.



5 comments:

  1. ....aaaaah dear Val I think you solved the case!!!! This is wonderfull!! I love every detail!!! The photograph you used is also great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a smashing job solving the case! This color palate is stunning with your vintage photo. Touching journaling too. The embossed butterflies are just flying off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tzi and Suzanna... I appreciate the feedback :D I do love this site...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The case is solved and beautifully so. Will go and look at the site. Do you give lessons? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the feature over at CSI...I left you lots of love! You are really doing so well girl...it's not surprising and I am thrilled for you!!!! ;-)))

    ReplyDelete