Pages

Tuesday, 20 November 2012

INSPIRATION OF THE WEEK

Hello Everyone

I just want to let you know first of that this layout - which was for the Scrap your Stash Challenge over at Lets Scrap - was chosen by Kristine as the IOTW, and I am so happy. Whilst we scrap for ourselves it is always nice to know that you can inspire others. I always take a great deal of thought and time and preparation when I do a page and I think it is nice to have that acknowledged :D Well I like it anyway. So thank you Kristine.


Here are a couple of close ups


I painted the birdcage black and used my smooches on the birds painting them yellow and green. I attached a chain to the birdcage up to the top of the page and then added a flower.


I layered the round photo onto a scalloped white circle and raised it up with foam take. The journalling was written onto strips and then I added a little butterfly using my Martha Stewart punch.

I like to scrap the little things and for me one of those little things that make me very happy are fresh flowers in my studio. This particular bunch had these most beautiful roses in them. Needless to say I always take photos of my flowers and have a folder of flowers on my desktop to rival any board on Pinterest :) Nothing like life's guilty pleasures.


This is another of the Scrap your stash challenges and these gorgeous photos were taken at a shop called Avoca which is just outside Dublin. The gardens (and the shop) were just so beautiful, I could have spent the whole day there sitting outside drinking tea and eating scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream, just like a real grown up ;)


Here is a close up of the buttons. Aren't they just lovely. The chipboard 'Pure Joy" was one I had in my stash that matched my colours perfectly. Don't you just love when that happens :D


I took a chipboard arrow and covered it with purple cardstock and added another button. These challenges are great because they stipulate what you must use on your layout so you can use up the stuff that has been lying around forever.

The papers I used for this layout are from Making Memories and were so perfect for my photos.

I have more but I will post some more tomorrow. I don't want to spoil you all ;) have a wonderful relaxing evening.




4 comments:

  1. Congrats on being the inspiration of the week it's a beautiful page Val, beautiful roses too on those photos! Loved the actual chain you used to suspend the birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are fantastic with the two page layouts Val!! I agree, it is nice to hear from people who you have touched/reached with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Milagros and Suzanna for your wonderful comments... a real boost for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts...left lots of love at Let's Scrap! ;-)

    ReplyDelete