Pages

Tuesday, 4 December 2012

CASE # 48 - SOLVED

Hello Everyone,

Well I think I have solved the case ...Here is my layout


Ok so first off I have to tell you that it has taken me just about the whole day, well from 11 - 4 to do this layout and although my page creating process was the same this page is so different from what I normally do that I really took my time with it.

I really loved the colours in this case, for me they have a real beachy feel, but when I read the Testimony I knew what I wanted to do and there was NO beach anywhere :)

I started with a plain white cardstock and a harlequin mask, gesso and an old access card, and randomly spread the gesso over the page, on the top left and bottom rights I just swiped gesso onto the page, then left it to dry. In the meantime I played with paint and mists to get the right colours. I used my new Heidi Swapp mister... Chartreuse which is just gorgeous and I mixed a turquoise and teal paint and randomly swiped it over the page and also added a few splotches, I sprayed the chartreuse on top and then left it to dry a bit before wiping over the whole thing with a wet wipe to remove the paint from the harlequin pattern.



I changes my photo to black and white to match the colours of the page better, matted it onto chartreuse dot paper and slid it into a silver frame which I also swiped with paint and then sanded to distress it. I tied some ribbon onto the frame and matted it onto some blue that I had stamped at the bottom with numbers for time. And then again on chartreuse, which was centered onto the white cardstock.


I then went to work on the bottom right hand corner. I added a transparent Heidi Swapp clock face to some grey paper and added a Tim Holtz silver clock face and tucked it slightly under the blue mat. I had sprayed and painted some of the cogs with the left over paint and added them too, one cog on the 6 because this is the time we usually have tea. I added the flowers and punched a couple of butterflies with my Martha Stewart punch, added the bling and stamped a couple of stamps to reinforce my love of tea.


I also added a couple of strips of pale grey washi take just because I could.

My journalling is hidden on a tag behind the mats and reads...

OK so I am NOT a morning person, truth be told I am not much of any any time person :( but I am especially not a morning person and I can't function until I have had my first cup of tea of the day, and I don't want to have to make it. I am really lucky to have a hubby who gets up early, (well actually that was also written in the rules for a happy marriage :)) he let's the dogs out and makes me tea in bed, and sometimes - just sometimes I get a nice treat with my tea. My favourite is ' Melissa's Muesli Rusks'. This has to be my favourite time of the day. In my bed with a hot cup of tea, surrounded by ALL my babies and for just a while life is PERFECT!

Thanks for taking a look.





1 comment:

  1. So very beautiful Val. I love your misting and your embellishment cluster is beyond gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete