Pages

Thursday, 13 December 2012

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

Hello Everyone :)

Nearly halfway through December already :( how are your plans for Christmas going? I find this time of year so hectic. It is DH's birthday on Sunday so I have that before Christmas too and I always seem to be chasing my tail at this time of year. All the parties and dinners and lunches and drinks... so the diet is also out the window for now. I can't cope with that on top of everything else so I will start again in the New Year, and yes I know I say that every year :)

Well I only put up my tree on December 15th and today I was sorting out all my decorations and made a wreath that I bought a while ago. I kept looking at it and thinking - Nah! Well today I just got stuck in and did it and I am happy with how it turned out.


It was a whole bunch of stars that are layered onto a circle. I chose a BoBunny range of Christmas papers to cover it in and started with the big stars, and I stuck them down. Then I went on to the medium ones and covered and placed them and ended up with the small one which were covered and stuck down. I then decided I needed to add some flowers so I made four circle flowers in the left over papers and stuck those down and then I added two gold pointsettia flowers and some words and finally I added a bit of glitter to a couple of the stars and I think it is pretty cool. 

I need to re-vamp some of my decorations and wash the rest. I will do that tomorrow plus the last of my shopping, wrap all my presents and put up the tree on Saturday.

I have also done a couple of Challenges over at Colourful Creations two of which were also Christmas related...

The first on was for a Christmas tag which had to include :D
Decorative Ribbon,
Metal Brad
Flowers
Felt and a Christmas word

Here is my tag

Quick and easy, I covered a tag with the red dot paper and then cut a border in the sentiments papers and added that, the flowers were fussy cut from the paper and added and I also made a circle flower from felt and put the bling brad through the middle. I added a white and a green chiffon flower, and finished it off with bling, and the NOEL and Merry Christmas circle. The other one was an alcohol ink challenge and I decided to use a tin for this challenge.


Also super quick and easy. I used Lettuce, Cranberry and Aqua alcohol inks on the lid. I covered the tin in the same papers as the card, and added the Merry Christmas cut out of the paper, I added a banner going around the corner and added a white flower. Then I added ribbon around the lip of the lid and finished it off with three little Christmas bells. I cut some of the flowers out of the paper and added them to the lid with an aqua lace flower I found in my stash, and a small white flower and finished it off with bling.

Thanks for taking a look.



5 comments:

  1. I love your wreath . . . The flowers are a great addition!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting your craft on, Val! I love your wreath. The paper flowers are a nice little touch. Good for you getting some CC challenges done!
    Enjoy your family time!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Val!!! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Roulien, Carol and Charlotte. I really appreciate your comments. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous...and love the inspiration! Beauitul!

    ReplyDelete