Pages

Tuesday, 18 December 2012

CSI CASE #50

Hello Everyone,

I have had such a busy weekend :) I finished some decorations and put my tree up. So now the house is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. I will wrap all of my presents tomorrow and put them under the tree.

It was Simon's birthday on Sunday so we went out to lunch with Clint and his new girlfriend Lyn and my FIL. It was nice, very quiet but food was great. Because the public holiday was on a Sunday this year, Monday was declared a holiday so we just chilled yesterday and caught up with some of our series.

The new case file is out at CSI and here it is...

The colours are so soft and pretty.

Here is how I solved the case.


I knew when I took this photo of Hansa that I really wanted to use it. He is such a beautiful boy with a really shite attitude :D I wanted to keep it really simple this week so that the layout was all about the photo.

I used the darker brown for the base page and cut the lighter one in half and used one of my punches along the edge. I then mock sewed around the three sides with a light grey/blue marker, I also added bling to the punched edge.


You can see the sealing wax here too with my initial. I seriously love his attitude. The string in in the tag which is just for show.


On the other corner I used washi and fabric tape in the colours to make these banners. I love these tapes :D I also added some tape measure tape to show my 8 things and the heart because I really really love my cat.


The bottom right hand corner shows the mats for the photo. I used my cuttlebug on one of them just for some texture and then added the flowers and also the transparent flower which has bling on it.

So here's how I solved this case:

SCHEME - I used all of the colours.
EVIDENCE - Ribbon, fabric, something that melts, stitching, stripes, something transparent, string and finally something shiny.
TESTIMONY - 8 Things about my subject

My journalling is as follows.

How to tell if you have CATTITUDE!

1 IGNORE everyone ALL of the time. This is YOUR house and they are lucky that you let them share it with you. Unless of course you want food. Once they have given you food it is OK to smell it then walk away.
2 Do NOT allow closed doors in ANY room. To get a door opened, stand on your hind legs and hammer it with your forepaws. Once said door is opened, it is not necessary to use it. Just stare around for awhile, this is particularly important during very cold, rainy or snowy weather. Swing door should be avoided at ALL cost.
3 When you want to throw up – get to the bed fast. If you can’t make it to the bed try for a chair or the carpet. Shag is especially good for this.
4 Walk in front of humans at all times, darting to and fro and rubbing yourself against their legs, especially if said human is going up or down stairs. You get bonus points if they are carrying anything.
5 Just because you are more handsome, more self possessed, more relaxed, wiser and a better athlete than humans doesn’t mean you are superior to them. You are superior to them for other reasons.
6 Quickly determine which guests hate cats the most, that is the lap you want to sit on. For sitting on laps or rubbing against trouser legs, select fabrics which contrasts well with your fur, ie white furred cats go to black wool clothing.
NOTE: Velvet takes precedence over all other cloth.
7 Always accompany guests to the bathroom. It is not necessary to anything – just sit there and stare. Or meow at the closed door.
8 Remember what was OK or acceptable yesterday is not OK or acceptable today! You need to keep them on their toes. Also humans love gifts so bring them, rats, frogs, birds or lizards and remember to put them on the bed so they find them.







5 comments:

  1. Ok...WOW! Love the CAT...What a fine sample of the cat species!!! Great photo...that you know, and lovely design, worked well in keeping it simple but still very interesting!Great solving of the case file...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant photograph of the haughty, naughty cat and I love the slinky malinky cut out at the bottom. Too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Val! I love your photo and gorgeus accents! You really have flourished at the CSI chaellenges and I am so very pleased for you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Patricia, Helen and Denise, You are right I have flourised at CSI... who'd have thought :D I just love that I have found my stories. ;D

    ReplyDelete

  5. Oh wow what a lovely layout I am a cat lover owning 3 of them I love the journaling it certainly dose suit my cats to a tee as well.

    ReplyDelete