Pages

Friday, 28 December 2012

CSI - CASE #51

Hello Everyone

I am back again :D Here is Case #51 over at CSI one of my favourite websites and the one that makes me challenge and push myself each and every week.


These should be perfect colours to work with but this case pushed me more than any other one so far and I am not sure why... perhaps because I didn't really know what I wanted to scrap. I feel a bit overloaded at the moment with all the run up to Christmas and I sat for two days just staring... then searching the web and galleries for something that made me want to scrap. If this is what it is like to lose your mojo I don't like it.

I scoured my photos for hours trying out different themes - but there was NOTHING! I was feeling really despondent... then as I was browsing I had an AH HA moment, and whipped the page out in no time at all.

I used this sketch from  OUAS another fabulous site, if you don't know them you should go and take a look. They post sketches every two weeks and they are gorgeous. This is their latest one.



Here is how I solved the case.


Scheme - I used all of the colours, even though the flowers look very red in the photo they are actually a deep pink :(
Evidence - Circles, Rhinestones, Texture Paste, Metal and Penwork.
Testimony - 6 word memoir 'It was love at first bite'  Rhinestones added to my spot, Journalled on tags.
My Journalling Reads as follows:

It was love at first bite!
The first thing I noticed was your delicate colouring -
creamy vanilla, your intoxicating smell assaulted my senses.
Oh how I loved the way you felt against my fingers – smooth and
perfectly rounded. The minute I felt my lips on you I closed my
eyes to take it all in. I wanted this moment to last forever.
I moved my tongue all over you wanting to savour your taste
for as long as possible. I was in 7th heaven. Oh my! You were
totally delectable. Bite after bite taking me to heights I never
knew existed.  I was totally and irrevocably in love, and I was
NOT going to share you with anyone, ever! You were mine!

The first time I had ever eaten a macaroon... Why did I wait so long? They are just so amazing. When I went to visit my son when he was living in Cape Town earlier this year we went to the Hout Bay Market which was a stunning trip and they had all kinds of wonderful things there and I tried my first macaroon and I was hooked. So it seemed perfect for this case. Once I had got over my mojo leaving me in the lurch I had loads of fun with this layout. 



 I went with an off white cardstock, which looks darker in the photo :( and used some texture paste which I tinted using pan pastels, I went with the harlequin design in opposite corners. This cardstock was matted onto the teal cardstock.



I then made a punched border using the sky cardstock. Some Washi tape that had the blue and pink in it, and a piece of tape measure washi tape to show that I ate a dozen of these amazing macaroons. On top of all of that I added a chipboard flower border that I cut up and painted pale pink using my Distress stains.


Because I wanted to go with the six word memoir I chose to do ' It was Love at first bite ' I changed the love for two hearts :D and wrote the rest onto strips of cardstock.


I used chipboard letters for the BITE.


To introduce the circles I cut two doilies using my nestabilities and overlapped them slightly.


Lastly I made two tags to do my journalling onto and tucked then behind the photo mat.

Once I had gotten over my mojo leaving me in the lurch I really really enjoyed this case. I am not really happy with the way the layout photographed because the colours haven't come out right but anyway.. what is is...

Thanks for taking a look :D





8 comments:

  1. "Sweet" page!!! And I love the pink and blue! Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a whole day to scrap the other day and after cleaning up my desk my mojo must have gone in the bin with the clean up! I tried all sorts of things and went through all my photos on the PC too, but nothing came together...I was so disappointed. I love what you created here. Well done to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page with wonderful soft colors and great techniques! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS! I wish you Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a absolutely fun (not to mention beautiful) page! Your journaling reminded me of a layout I one created about my love affair with coffee! I love the added texture using that great stencil. Well solved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful page. The colors are fabulous! Your journaling is SEXY.... Is that weird to say?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous layout Val...and your journalling is so fantastic...gets the taste buds tingling! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loooove the theme on this page and the journaling on your new found love :-) Beautiful layout with gorgous details!
    Thank you for joining us at OUAS in Decemeber!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Val your LO is so yummy! love the pretty pastel color combo and your nice creative touches! great project!
    thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete