Pages

Wednesday, 5 December 2012

STAR WITNESS AT CSI

I am so excited to see that, over at CSI for Case #47, that I have been chosen as their Star Witness for this week. :D  I am over the moon. I have only been a member of this site for about six weeks and I was a bit intimidated at first by all the lovely layouts that I saw in the gallery, but I thought "what the hell, here goes nothing" and I jumped right in and I am so glad that I did, because I really feel like I have grown so much over the last few weeks not only as a person but also as a scrapbooker. So a HUGE thank you to Debbi and her amazing team, for chosing me :D

To top it all I got a message from her to say that I am going to receive a gift from Alicia over at Scrapbook Fantasies :D they sponsor a prize of gorgeous ribbons and trims each week for the Star Witnesses. :D So I am double excited. Thank you Alicia, they have a blog and a store with some great stuff so if you don't know them go and take a look.

OK enough bragging already :D

This week over at Let's Scrap it's reveal day for the new DT and  this was the sketch we were given by the very talented Jennifer Russel, and I really love it.


Here is my layout.


I did the layout on my very cute Karma who is just so willing to let me photograph her... not like my other dogs who just wont co-operate :D I used the Max and Whiskers range from Basic Grey which are really lovely and decided to highlight the turquoise in the papers, and matted my photos, and the two circles and then added the ribbons, and flowers that really pop off the page. I changed all my photos to Sepia so that they were not lost on the busy papers.. I cut the little dog with my silhouette, which was so cool, because I have been a bit nervous of using it. Stupid I know, especially now that I have used it and seen how easy it is.
I finished the layout off with some brown chipboard and added another pop of colour with the red heart and lots of bling and then the stitching. I really enjoyed doing this layout, it was one of those that just fell into place.

Thanks for taking a look.





2 comments:

  1. Well done to you! I have not had a chance to participate for a while now...maybe in the holidays! I love CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well deserved recognition at CSI. YOu always have great creations!

    ReplyDelete