Pages

Wednesday, 2 January 2013

DELIGHT IN THE DETAILS

Hello Everyone

It's the first Wednesday of 2013 and that means the new sketch is up over at  Let's Scrap :) and here it is, done by Jennifer Russel.


I really love this sketch and because I was a bit freaked out by cutting my photos into shapes I just rounded the corners and used the same layout. Here is my take on the sketch.


I used some photos of the ducks that were at Walkersons, I really love ducks, and I also played a bit with the photos in a programme I got on the new Windows 8 apps and I think they turned out pretty cool :D Here are a couple of close ups.


I used a chipboard fence by Enmarc and added a few little flowers and a the word beauty in a frame and underneath gathered some ribbon up. 



In the middle I added a chipboard birdcage and attached a piece of chain to it to run up the page. I added some ribbon and flower and also some pins, I also wrote out a quote onto strips of paper and added this as well. The quote says... "life is not about the amount of breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away".



In the top left corner I started the title which is Delight in the Detail, and also added a little banner made with circles folded in half over the twine and then I added a little bling just because I can.



On the right  hand page I did cut this photo into a circle because I think it enhanced it. I then matted it onto a green and pink mat that I cut with my nestabilities.

The new challenge over at CSI was also posted on Friday evening and I finished that one as well. Here is the case file.

I really love this colour palette, and I used a sketch from OUAS and here it is...


It is just such a pretty sketch I loved it. Here is what I did with both of them to solve the case.


Scheme     - I used all of the colours.
Evidence   - String, Paint, Newsprint Paper, Tags, Burlap and Washers.
Testimony -  I documented a gift (the photo), I did my journalling on tags, I hand wrote my journalling, which was a few of my favourite things.
My journalling is as follows :

Around the page are quotes on photography... You don't take a photograph, you ask quietly to borrow it... a photograph is usually looked at, seldom looked into. A good snapshot stops a moment from running away. It's not what you look at that matter, it's what you see.

Journalling on the tags reads :

Sometimes I think I see the world a little differently
to everyone else. I like to take photos, lots of photos.

Someone once said
“I think a photography course should be a requirement
in all educations programmes because it makes you see
the world rather than just look at it.’

I think this is very true for me. It is important to record
all the important events but what really turns me on is...

A rusty old truck that has been abandoned in a field –
what others see is a wreck. What I see is a truck that has
worked hard, carrying it’s battle scars with pride. Every
dent and hole has a story to tell.
Dew on a newly opened rose is the promise of a new life.
Railway tracks are the promise of travel and places to
explore.
The weavers in my fever tree building next after nest to
get it right is the promise of endurance.
The pot of pens on my desk the promise of creativity.
The way the waves crash against the rocks and sprays up is the
promise of change.
The sunset telling us another day is gone... and did I waste it.

Taking photos has taught me to take notice and for that I am truly
grateful – it has shown me the power of now!

Here are some close ups of what I did.


I wrote directly onto the background page for my title and the quotes around the edges. The paint was mixed in with the gesso to get the colour and I used a circle stencil.


I made a concertina flower in the same paper as the half bracket piece. I stamped on some newsprint to make the Express Yourself ticket and also used embossing powder on the washer to make it gold. I added bling and also some flowers.


My journalling is on the two tags that are stuck behind the layers of paper.

Thanks for taking a look.






3 comments:

  1. Wow, Val...I don't know how I've missed your blog until now...it's fantastic! Both of these layouts are fantastic! You were a magician with the Let's Scrap sketch! (I'm afraid you liked the sketch more than I did...I really struggled with this one, but managed to make it work on the end using just one side.) Your idea to just round the edges of the photos was brilliant! But your soft colors and the details are breath-taking!

    Your CSI layout is gorgeous, too! LOVE the hidden journaling tags & all the yummy details! Amazing work, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your layouts from these amazing sketches are brilliant. I love that you made them "your own" by doing what worked for you and the photo(s) you had. On the Let's Scrap sketch, the photo you ended up "rounding" is amazing! You have a knack with the CSI sketch, too, and this one is no exception! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls so much. You know how much I appreciate your visits and the love you leave...

    ReplyDelete