Pages

Monday, 7 January 2013

FIVE MORE SLEEPS


And that's all I have to say about that!

Hello Everyone

It's Monday again and that means that there is another CSI  case file out. If you haven't been over to their site to check it out - you really should they have an awesome challenge every week, and there is loads of eye candy too. Here is this weeks Case File #53.


How gorgeous is this colour palette.
I chose to go use another sketch from OUAS, just because I love their sketches and they are so easy to work with, this is another wonderful site that offers a challenge each month too.


Here is how I solved the case...


Scheme    - I used all of the colours
Evidence  - Flowers, metal, pleating, scallops and fabric.
Testimony - I went with Try One Word but I think I could have gone with Daydreaming on Paper Inspiration.

My journalling reads :

"Just for today... I will give thanks for my many blessings, I will not worry, I will not be angry, I will do my work honestly, I will be kind to my neighbours and every living thing, I will be at PEACE... Just for today! So why do I find it so hard? Why am I so conflicted? I promised to try and live by these Reiki Principles, but I struggle every single day!"

Here are some close-ups of the layout.


I attached a flower, ribbon and two hat pins to the top of the birdcage.


I also added a ribbon with hat pins, and bling to the flower cluster.


This quote was one of the ones that came with the co-ordinates for the case file.

Thank you for taking a look.



5 comments:

  1. Another beautifully constructed page Val....The photo is divine and the journalling something to be mindful of every day....hard to live up to for me, but it's a brand new year with no mistakes in it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the page, Val! The colors remind me that spring is coming to the U.S. soon. I love the honest journaling. We do struggle at times! Thanks for inspiring us to be better scrappers, to be better people! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful work...! Love it!

    ReplyDelete