Pages

Wednesday, 23 January 2013

HUMP DAY!

Hello everyone it's hump day again and we are now on the downhill stretch to the weekend...

Lots of things happening for me at the moment :D

First of all it is reveal day over at Let's Scrap and the new sketch and DT layouts are up in the Gallery.
This weeks sketch is given to us by Judy Rakes, and I just love it.


And here is my take on it.


I used photos that I took from our weekend at Walkersons. This is around the main hotel which was really very beautiful. I used Authentique papers and kept my layout really simply. I only journalled with descriptive words for this layout. The flowers were fussy cut from the reverse side of the paper an then I diamond glazed the centers of them. I cut out a bird that was on the paper, stuck it near the birdcage and added a little grey water colour to it's wings before diamond glazing that too.

It is also reveal day over at CSI and I am happy to say that I am still there, on the most wanted list this wee and really happy about that....that is for the layout I did for my birthday this year. Things I know for sure at 57... this layout was also one of the top 3 over at Scrap Africa this week you can go and  check it out too. Here it is in case you didn't see it.


Here is the new case file over a CSI for this week. How gorgeous are the colours....

This week we also had to chose someone to scrap lift from the very first case file and this is the layout I chose by Sarah R.


I really liked the idea of a file folder... and so my journey began. I turned her layout and had my photos going across the same as hers. I also used the string around the file holder and the tag and that is where the similarity stopped. 


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme    - I used all of the colours - which were so beautiful this week - I really loved them.
Evidence  -  Teacup, spoon, flowers/leaves, diamond shapes and white background.
Testimony - 6 things, add small detail to spot.

My journalling reads :D

Karma is the funniest little dog around and she thinks that all the rules in our house for dogs apply to the other three only and not to her!
My routine in the morning is to grab a mug of tea, but it has to be in a thin china mug, white, and go to my studio to my computer where I check in with facebook, the sites I belong to and go through my mails. I normally have to wait a bit for my tea to cool down before I can drink it too. So imagine my surprise when I got up from my desk to do something and Karma jumped up onto my chair and then the desk to nosey around. When I turned back to see what she was up to she had her head in my cup and was drinking my tea. I am so glad that my camera was close by, and I was able to capture the moment. She finished half a mug of tea and now each she waits and watches till she gets her tea. I suppose this counts as tea for two.
1 Karma loves to drink tea.
2 The tea must be hot and not cold.
3 She will only drink tea in the morning.
4 It must be out of a mug she won’t drink out of anything else.
5 She only drinks tea with me.
6 She drinks it daintily just like a lady ( I know you wouldn’t think so by all the tea around her mouth).

I used texture paste, coloured  with blue acrylic, and  my argyle stencil on the background page. Once it was dry I added some brown bling at the points of the diamonds. Here are some close- ups of the layout for you to see.


At the bottom of the layout I used the four mugs from the co-ordinates and put the spoon into one of them I also used the 'you caused quite a stir' saying here as well... just look at that mouth. She is just too cute.


Because the file folder had rounded edges I used this on the photos too and rounded the corners of the first and last photo. I added some flowers and a ticket here as well.


On the top right hand corner I used one of Michelle's journalling tags and wrapped it around the edge of the page, added a flower, ticket and a big brad.


My journalling is all on tags that I slipped into the file folder. I added the title here too. Then I finished it off with two rows of banners. Everything that I used on this layout except for the card stock came from Michelle's co-ordinates. They were fabulous as always and perfect for my layout.

Finally, I went for my first photography lesson with Clint on Saturday. We took our cameras with and there were about 15 of us altogether. Most of the lesson is for everyone alltogether but when it comes to specifics for your particular camera we got one on one time which was great and even from the first lesson I realise how little I know about photography or my camera and I am so looking forward to the rest of this course. This week we have to chose 50 of our favourite photos to take with us on a disk and these will be critiqued by Adrian :/  I know that it is constructive criticism but I hope he goes easy on me :D

Thanks for taking a look and I will be back.





7 comments:

  1. This post is full of so much more than scrapping today, and I enjoyed my coffee while reading and enjoying it. I love all your layouts here, Val, but have to be honest...Karma has stolen your show! My cheeks hurt from smiling at her! Amazing journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, your layouts are so beautiful! The photos of your doggy are adorable, too! Good luck with you photo critique. You take wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super sized ego your little dog has !! Such a fun page and witty journalling. Good luck with the photography course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages Val and congrats on the feature at CSI! Love your STIR layout...just too cute and beautiful!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUCH gorgeous work, Val! You're such an inspiration!! :-)
    I loooooved your LO for ScrapAfrica - sat poring over it for a good 10 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all very much. I appreciate all of your comments :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pages. Congrats on the toot over at Scrap Africa and the CSI feature.

    ReplyDelete