Pages

Monday, 28 January 2013

MONDAY, MONDAY SO GOOD TO ME

Hi there everyone

Things have been pretty hectic around here of late and I was beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed, with the DT at Let's Scrap something exciting about to happen at CSI, plus all the other sites I want to play at, my photography course, my brother visiting, plus all the usual stuff at home. So today I decided to sort out all my files on my computer and use the outlook calendar and task lists. I don't know why I didn't do this before. :D So now I feel a bit more in control. Now we just have to wait and see if it works as well as I hope it will.

Over at CSI it is their Birthday month and they have a wonderful blog hop on at the moment with some amazing blogs and lovely prizes to be won. It really is worth the trip, so hop on over and take a look you won't be sorry.

While I was sorting stuff out I found some layouts that I haven't posted in here so I thought I would do that now. This one was from a Let's Scrap Challenge in December and here is the sketch by Judy Rakes.


Here is my take on the sketch. I took these photos of trains and tracks when I was at Walkersons last year in November and I really wanted to use them. 


This time I kept pretty much to the sketch and used papers that I had in my stash. I added some flowers and some cogs just to finish it off. I also found a chipboard train and carts which I punched out and used the negative image with a spray in the bottom corner. I love how this came out...

This next layout I did for a challenge over at Colourful Creations I really need to get back there to play some more. Just a simple layout, a punch which I randomly used around the edge. Banners and a photo corner. A cluster of flowers and my title is Embrace Life.


This one Nature's Art was also for Colourful Creations and was for a green and white challenge. I really loved this one and I am very happy with my layout.


This last one was another challenge at Colourful Creations and we had to use a quote and I wrote the quote all the way around my layout. I love the colours of this one.


I have been very busy scrapping this month but unfortunately I can't reveal any of them yet :D so watch this space. :D

Have a lovely Monday wherever you are and whatever you are doing.






3 comments:

  1. Hi Val, just dropping in to say G'Day. My goodness, you have been busy. I like all of these pages...especially love the double...it's such a good way to tell a story with lots of photos. Sounds like you've just done, what I need to do today and that is sort out the calendars to create a sense of order among the chaos. Have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great selection of pages to pull out of the hat, Val! I remember the LS sketch, but, sadly, have not yet used it. Judy did a great job with her multi-photo sketch, and you used it perfectly. The other layouts I love, not only for the beautiful photos, but for the "support staff" that you so brilliantly use...such as the ink sprays, the clever play with your journaling, and those surprise elements such as random punching! Great work, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Val. Lovely creations. You are such an inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete