Pages

Wednesday, 16 January 2013

NEW SKETCH AT LET'S SCRAP


Hello Everyone,

It's Hump Day which means the reveal of this weeks sketch over at  Let's Scrap. Each week they preview a new sketch for you to use to inspire your layouts. These can then be loaded into the gallery and you stand a chance to win a prize. This is a lovely site with some wonderful people, loads of inspiration and is also a great way to meet like minded people. So if you haven't taken a look yet... head on over and see what all the fuss is about. 

Here is today's sketch by Debby de Wilde.


And this is what I did with it...


I know I have told you before that I don't make lots of cards. So when the sketch's for cards come up I do try and make one and not turn it into a layout.

I have been playing a lot lately with stencils, texture paste, misters and paints and so on and I have to say that I have enjoyed getting dirty for a change. I thought I would play with these mediums on this card.

So first of all I used the Argyle stencil and smeared it with texture past, and left it to dry, then I sprayed on some aqua mist from Heidi Swapp and I wiped it straight away with a wet wipe so that I got a watercolour effect. I wanted some splats too so I used my Tim Holtz distress stain in fired brick and slammed it onto the card hard so that it made a real splat, and then just left it all to dry properly.

I rounded the edges on the outside and inked the whole card. Then added some fabric tape in red and white cut like banners, a red saying on dreams and the flowers and the red pearl bling. Lastly, I painted the chipboard word DREAMS in black and added that and tied the card with some twine.

It is taking me some time to get used to the whole painted messy thing but I really really enjoyed making it. Now I need to get some nice stencils... but not many people have them here...

Thanks for taking a look..

Now on Wednesday over at CSI they have their new weekly Under Surveillance Reveal, and I am happy to say that I still there, you should head on over and take a look at this site to... there is so much eye candy there, you will never run out of inspiration.

Until next time, have fun!






3 comments:

  1. First, I love the card! But, even more than that, I*LOVE* how you got there! You are a closet art journalist, Val! ;-) I forgot that I have some TH distress stains. "Splatting" with them is so much fun! I think you can actually now claim to be a mixed media artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Kay thank you.... In that case I am now coming out of the closet... :D

    ReplyDelete