Pages

Monday, 14 January 2013

WHAT HAPPENED TO LAST WEEK?


I can't believe it is Monday again and we are already half way through January.. seriously!

It has been a busy week with trying to get my DT challenges up to date, my birthday and also the new CSI reaveal of course... So first things first.

I was my birthday on Saturday and this year I wanted to keep it low key so I decided to do breakfast with my favourite girls and my daughter and also my son's new girlfriend. It was a gorgeous day and we had breakfast in the gardens at Buitengeluk.


It really is very pretty there...

The girls...


I made them each a little party pack to say thank you. Thank you for being my friends, thank you for celebrating with me and just thank you...


This is what was inside :D

I got so spoilt and had a truly wonderful morning. Then my son and Lin came to the house for lunch and more spoilings. Had a very chilled evening and some friends popped in for a drink or three :D On Sunday we all went for lunch with some friends which was lovely. I love birthdays that go on all weekend.

Now here is the new case file over at CSI.


This week a sketch by the fabulous Emma Stafrace. I love the colours this week. This is what I did with the case file.


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - I used all the colours.
Evidence - Punched circles, tickets, polkadots, text pattern, music sheet, doodling, teacup and string.
Testimony - My journalling is hand written on the back of the layout and reads as follows :

As it was my birthday on Saturday, I had breakfast with my favourite girls,
these are the girls that keep me grounded and real and as we were sitting
there chatting about getting older I realised that there are absolutes. So
I decided to use my birthday photo and document...

What I know for SURE at 57

1. What you put out there you get back, and Karma is a bitch.
2. Mistakes are there to teach you and to make you stronger, not to break you down.
3. Life is NOT fair, deal with it, but it is the only life that you have.
4. You become what you believe. So make sure you believe good things.
5. You define your own life so take charge of it and make it yours.
6. Your past has no power over your present unless you let it.
7. Trust your instincts every time. They will never let you down.
8. This too shall pass.
9. Every day brings a chance to start over.
10. Worrying is a waste of time and it solves nothing.
11. Live in the now. It really is all we have.
12. Today is the oldest I have ever been and the youngest I will ever be again.

I chose 12 because my birthday is on the 12th.

Here are some close ups for you to see...


Some of the title was handwritten on strips of paper.


I used the teacups from the co-ordinates sheet.


Finally, here is a close up of the top cluster.

Thanks Debbi and team for another great case.

I will be back later. Enjoy the rest of your Monday. Thanks for stopping by.











8 comments:

  1. WOWZERS! With a crazy week like that I am impressed with the fact there is a post here! I am so jealous, it was YOUR birthday and you got to go to such a lovely place AND you GAVE gifts!??!! Wow, can I be invited to the next one? LOL TFS, lovely work and lovely you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    Your layout is lovely. Gorgeous colours and layering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely fabulous layout! I love your style with these CSI layouts. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky are your friends? Glad you had a wonderful weekend of celebrating with friends and loved ones. Your hand made gifts look divine and so does your interpretation of the amazing Em's sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Happy Birthday Val...it seems you had a good one!!! ;-) Wishing you all the best for 2013.
    I love this layout you created....it is really stunning and definitely a favourite of mine! You did a sterling job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds great! Happy Birthday from me too! Have a great jear and celebrate everyday you love! :-))
    Thank you for your comment! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your wonderful, encouraging and supportive comments. I appreciate them all.

    ReplyDelete