Pages

Friday, 1 February 2013

NEW REVEALS

 Hello Everyone,

I am back to put up the new reveal at Let's Scrap, I know it was on Wednesday and today is Friday but sometimes that's how I roll... :D

Here is this weeks sketch by Jennifer Russel, cool huh? Love sketches where you can use lots of photos.


Here is my take on the sketch. I decided I would only do one page this week because I have had my brother with me and I didn't want to spend ALL my time in my studio. I took these photos from his balcony when I was with him in July last year. I love hot air balloons, I took my hubby on a hot air balloon ride for his 45th birthday and we had such fun. These photos came out pretty nice because they were far away in the distance and I only had my little point and shoot so I am very happy.


I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this layout and chose to go with this blue/grey and black card stock. I  first of all sprayed the card stock with a mini mister of pale yellow perfect pearls to go with the yellow of the setting sun in the photos. Then I used one one of my stencils and some gesso to make the clouds. I then sewed around the edge of the card stock and once this was done added a bit of doodling on the sewing line.

Here is a close up...

I used yellow for the punched border at the bottom and added a strip of green ribbon. The balloons were cut out on my silhouette and they are such fun. I added a bit of bling to them for some fun. I also cut out one of the balloons from one of the photos to put among the clouds. The title was written onto strips of white card stock and added above and below the AWAY. A quick fun layout.

I also have the new case file for last week at CSI...The colours are so gorgeous.


Here is my layout. This week I decided to keep it nice and clean and simple. I chose the blue/grey and black as my background and all I added was the white tag, the blue/grey patterned strip and the rest is washi tape. I LOVE washi tape. The clouds, umbrella and birdie came from the fabulous Michelle's co-ordinates... she is such an amazingly talented lady. I used some diamond glaze on the bird and the umbrella and in the clusters I added a flower rub-on, some white flowers and one metal flower, and of course the bling.


The quote under the title RAIN says...'Life is NOT about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.' I love this quote because it took me so many years to get it.

My journalling reads as follows.


13 Tips for a Happy Life

1                     Think freely, open your mind and never stop learning, knowledge is power.
2                     Tell those you love that you do at every opportunity, if you don’t you will regret it.
3                     Pick some daisies, share them, flowers ALWAYS make people feel good.
4                     Make some mistakes and learn from them, this is how you grow.
5                     Always make time for what you love, and appreciate your life as a wonderful journey.
6                     Live now – it is all you have.
7                     Don’t gather possessions gather experiences and adventures they are so much more exciting.
8                     You must be the change you want to see in the world.
9                     Make more inner journeys – discover who you are, give yourself time for greater spiritual growth.
10                 Give thanks every day, being grateful for even the smallest things makes life richer.
11                 Make time for laughter, make it long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
12                 Music makes you happy, so sing your song, play your instrument or listen to a record and dance.
13                 REMEMBER – GOD IS IN CHARGE and enjoy the ride. It is worth it.


This month I am going to be a guest designer over at CSI, and I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful, talented team so come on over and take a look and what we have got for you, in February the month of love.

Thanks for taking a look.




3 comments:

  1. I love your tips for a happy life.

    Gorgeous layouts...my favorite colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so remember that song, Val, and still love it! I also love the photos of "balloon affair!" As usual, CSI is providing some great sketches, too, and your have become a sleuth on that site! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a super layout and I absolutely love the sentiment!! Gorgeous styling....I love it!

    ReplyDelete