Pages

Wednesday, 6 February 2013

LIFE

Hello Everyone

I have a layout that I have done for the February challenge over at OUAS and the theme for this month (the month of love) is LOVE!


Any kind of love, just as long as your layout relates to love. This is the sketch that they want you to use - and I really love their sketches.


Here is my layout for this challenge.


I used Crate Papers for this layout, just because I love the soft, girly, nature feel of the papers. I used a Martha Stewart punch to create the borders on either side of the purple paper, and the circles were hand cut using plates as templates. All the edges were inked and roughed up. Under the photo I layered a piece of crochet lace and purple ribbon and along the side added some photo strip washi tape to highlight the photographic angle. Then the bling and flowers were added, followed by the heart with the life quote and another quote was added on the journalling strips.


Here is a close up of the bottom corner, with all the flowers and the bling. I also stuck in two hat pins.



A close up of the top corner of the photo with the heart, flowers and quote written on paper strips.

My journalling which is on the back of the layout reads :

Life
Is a journey not a guided tour.
Get to grips with it! See it! Smell it! Taste it! Feel it! Live it and love it because this is all there is, and it won’t last forever.
I love these quotes and I have found them to be truer than true over the years. Now that I have got into photography I am beginning to really get this. Taking photos of your kids, hubbies and families, Christmas’, birthdays and weddings is what we all do as scrapbookers. But in the frenetic pace of our day to day lives we have forgotten to take time to smell the roses and really live in the moment. Photography has brought me back to that. I love to take pictures of the little things, the random things that catch my eye. I find now I really look at things like this photo here of Bennett’s Bridge in Ireland. Not only did I love the Bridge because it is also my maiden name (Bennett) but I loved this photo because from inside Nicholas Moss looking out of the window on the top floor I noticed that the window followed the curve of the bridge and I thought that was so cool. When I mentioned it to my brother and sister in law they both looked at me like I had completely lost it. They had never noticed before and they go there often for tea. So my question is if we don’t take notice of the small things what else do we miss in life.
So my new love is my life.


Thank you :D

It's hump day again and that means there is a new reveal over at Let's Scrap today too. The new sketch was designed my the very talented  Michelle van Wyk and it was a pretty cool one to work with.


I took these photos of the fire engine that brought Father Christmas to the Indaba last year when we went their for Christmas lunch. It was magnificent. So I kept my page very simple, using only cardstock in black, grey, white and red. The red mats were traced and hand cute and I did a little stamping on them with a script stamp and a spot stamp. The grey washi tape was then added and the journalling was written onto strips of grey cardstock. I made the flowers from cardstock to keep the feel masculine.


Thanks for taking a look.






9 comments:

  1. Love your layout for OUAS...really beautiful and love the sentiment of it too! Just gorgeous! Great layout for Let's Scrap too...I love that double pager sketch...I unfortunately just do not have enough time to play!!! I am really having to prioritise at the moment!!! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Val! Amazing colors! Thank you so much for joining us at OUAS with this lovely page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true...something to remember...look for and love the small things in life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous lay-out and beautiful journaling - this is so true. Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout with wonderful colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors you picked for both this month's OUAS chellenge and the twopager. Love the saying on the heart on the first one - so true..
    Thank you for sharing with us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val. This is such a great layout - love what you have done with our sketch challenge! And I just keep going back to look at your flower clusters - they are amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful take on the sketch, personally I shy away from the colour purple not sure why when you see a page like this.

    ReplyDelete