Pages

Thursday, 28 February 2013

MY SOULMATE


Hello Everyone,

I am here with a quick post because I want to get this one in to Scrap Africa before the link closes in a couple of hours... The theme was hearts to keep in line with the whole month of love thing :D


First of all I used a Heidi Swapp heart stencil for this layout. The big heart which goes slightly of the page and the smaller hearts that make up the corner and I used texture paste to raise them a bit. The whole layout was then washed with a red watery paint and then done again using white, the paint was then wiped off the hearts. I cut the heart out from the center right down to the center bottom and slipped the layers underneath the big hear. The three hearts were just cut out free hand and then I added the embellishments and washi tape... Finished it off with some bling and some doodling. Great challenge. Glad I just made it :D



11 comments:

  1. I love the colors here...this is GREAT Val! But then again, I love all your work!!!
    doodling, that just makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great documentation of a life of love, Val! You two look so happy and so full of love! Love all the reds and hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A vibrant, gorgeous page Val...especially love the three different pp hearts on the left :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is just GORGEOUS! LOVE that red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val!!What a super page :)So glad you managed to finish it in time :) I love the techniques you have used, a real artsy page. Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great!Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooooooo beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your creative use of the heart!! And the colors . . . GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great layout Val...as always! ;-) I love the photie and so love the sentiment! I love all the hearts...really gorgeous! Thanks so much for supporting us at Scrap Africa and playing along! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layout. Love your hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Val, this is stunning! I love the big hearts and you are using a ton of washi tape. Love that! I have purchased a ton of tapes, but have not used them much. You are getting so artsy with all the painting and paste, awesome job. Love that your pic is B&W.

    ReplyDelete