Pages

Tuesday, 26 February 2013

SCRAP YOUR STORY DT

Hello Everyone

I just want to let you know that I am VERY proudly designing for Scrap Your Story, and I am so excited, I do hope that you will join us in the weekly challenges. If you haven't already taken a look at the site you can find them here. The challenges will be posted on a Friday and you have a week to do it in. You can meet the rest of the Design Team too. It's going to be a lot of fun and there will be something for everyone.



I also have a layout from my Saturday class to share with you...

I used this fabulous sketch from Becky Fleck over at Page Maps, where they have sketches for all sizes of layout... really some wonderful ideas.


Here is my layout.


I kept it very similar because I thought it was such a nice sketch. So... I started with a plain sandy colour background and used my chicken wire stencil with some texture paste to randomly add some interest on the pages, once this was dry I accentuated a couple here and there with water colour pencils and some bling... I punched two rows of shell pattern onto contrasting papers and layered them one on top of the other, and stuck to a strip of corrugated cardboard that I smeared with gesso and paint.


Here you can see the chicken wire, the shell patterned border and the corrugated card. The photos are all 4 x 6 and I just mat them all and adhered to a strip that ran the length of the layout.


On either end of the middle strip are brackets which I cut using my silhouette (love that machine). The tickets and journaling cards all came from the back of one of the pieces of paper as did the little hexagons that I fussy cut and added to replicate the chicken wire. Then I finished it off with some chippies I found in my stash and some little Petaloo flowers that were perfect for this layout. The title was made using some balsa wood alphabets that I left as is and just inked and the sticker letters are from Websters. The gorgeous papers are Authentique and I love them. Such pretty colours and perfect for a beach layout.

Have fun and Happy Scrapping and just before I go I thought I would share this with you....









10 comments:

  1. Oh wow for you Val...Congrats girl...will go and have a look there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Val! More of your greatness to be shared! Wohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Girlfriend!! I love the class layout . . . simply stunning work!!! Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that shirt is too funny!!!! I love it! :) Beautiful layout. It makes me wish I wasn't sitting here in the cold midwest trying to dig my way out of the 19" and counting of snow we've gotten since Thursday. :( :( I'm ready to find a beach! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new DT assignment, Val! Scrap Your Story is so lucky to have you designing for them! Also love your newest layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new position Val!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great sketch for your beach pics and the Tshirt is such fun. Looking forward to you art on Scarp your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous Val, so much details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful sketch and you did WONDERS with it as always!! Love it Val, remeber the GOOD AND CLEAN AND FRESH ad??? Well, that kind of comes to mind because it is really beautiful and fresh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes...definitely gonna have a look at the Scrap Your Story..sounds like fun and a huge congrats to you for being on the team!!x

    ReplyDelete