Pages

Friday, 15 March 2013

CHALLENGE #3 - SCRAP YOUR STORY

Hello Everyone

I am back from my little jaunt down to the Midlands and the Coast where we took my FIL for his 87th birthday. I took loads of wonderful photos and once I am done downloading I will post some of them. It really is so pretty there.

Now it is time for the new reveal of Challenge #3 at Scrap Your Story. This week's theme is a sketch :) and here it is:

Here is my layout...


The papers I used is a range called "Expedition Destination" by Reminisce and it is such boy paper. I knew immediately that I wanted to use this photo of my nephew Jack...I was going to change the photo to sepia but I then I thought I like the little splash of colour from the photo so I left it. I used come Tim Holtz distress stains in Walnut to create the splats. The punched border is an Xcut punch and the rub-ons are from Kaiser Crafts.
My journalling reads:
I just love this boy, with his easy manner and whacky sense of humour, which he gets from his dad and me, we all find the same things funny. This photo was taken on my last trip to Ireland in September last year. The weather was miserable and we decided that the family and the dog needed to get out for a bit so we went to Jenkinstown Forest which is a lovely walk. Whilst walking around we came across a pond with ducks on it and a tree with this sign that said Game Sanctuary. The next minute Jack had hopped over the fence and was sitting underneath the sign with his cell phone playing Angry Birds.... He never said anything but immediately Cliff and I knew what he was getting at and I got the photo... no-one else thought it was as clever or as funny as the three of us did :) I still giggle every time I see this photo and it brings back truly happy memories.

Thanks for taking a look and I hope that you will come along and play with us.



7 comments:

  1. Lovely layout...and good decision not to change the photo to sepia...the photo pops on the natural coloured background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun boy's page and the back story is hilarious....great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun boy's page, awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another sweet story, Val! You certainly have a way to narrate your layout--and such a great layout, too! Great color palette for a masculine page. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to pop over and see what paper collection you used to design this handsome LO. I agree, LOVE the contrast of the photo and background paper.
    ClaireR
    www.ThreeWatersCreations.com

    ps: new follower, cant wait to see whats next...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great boy page...I love those spalshes and the super colouring! Love this! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your take on this challenge. The papers are great!

    ReplyDelete