Pages

Saturday, 16 March 2013

CSI - CASE #63 REVEAL

Hello Everyone

Well it is Saturday morning here in a not so sunny South Africa (I love the rain:)) and that means reveal time over at  CSI. Here is this weeks gorgeous case file.


I used a sketch from ScrapFriends


Here is how I cracked the case...


Scheme   - I used all of the colours.
Evidence  - Ribbon, flowers, pearls, jewels, lace and tags.
Testimony - Document your creative space.

My journaling reads: 

This is my happy place, and it is warm and it is cozy, it is organised and inviting and it is filled with all of the things that make me really happy. It has been cleansed and smudged and no negative energy is allowed in here. It is the place that I come to where I feel safe and in control. It is the place I come to when I am happy, sad, angry, depressed, frustrated or lost. It is the place I come to where I can find myself again and restore my balance and energy. It is the place where I can get rid of my frustrations and calm down just like others do by going to the gym. It is the place I go to, to create, and find meaning to my life. It is the place where I AM.
With its warm earthy colours, and dark wood finishes I am instantly grounded and centered, the splashes of baby blue calming and soothing, and with all the magazines, pretty papers, ribbons, flowers, paints, and all manner of enticing things on display it is easy for me to feel uplifted and creative. Soft music playing soothes my ragged nerves or fires me up to create easily. This is the place that I most want to be. No expectations, no demands, no angry recriminations and no judging. Just peace, harmony and an overwhelming feeling of contentment.
Everything I need is right there at my fingertips. Within easy reach, and exposed so that almost everything is visible. Whether I am scrapping, making jewellery, painting or just surfing the net everything I need is in this room. My dogs have beds under my desk and are my constant companions joining me up on the desk now and again to see what is going on or just to give me some love. With the doors opening onto the garden the chirping of birds at the feeder is a very welcome sound and an even more welcome sight. Right here, right now all is well with the world. My world.

Here are some close-ups of my layout...


I started off by stamping onto the rose pattern paper, which is by Prima, to age it a bit and so I went with a brown ink. I love that quote too and I am certainly living the life that I imagined for the most part :) I used a small photo of the clock that I scrapped that hangs above the door in my studio... Reminds my just how much time I spend in here :D and I added a clothes peg, also by Prima. and some flowers, also Prima ... and the butterfly by using my MS punch.


The title is balsa wood alphas that I found in a dollar store. I also wrote on strips of cardstock " I love to, in fact, I need to" CREATE.

 

The diamond glittery paper is cut out from a piece of paper that I got in a MME paper pack and was just the right colour. I added tags and some film strip and lace, then finished off with ribbon and flowers and another butterfly.

I loved making this page. Not only were the colours so nice to work with so was the subject. Everyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with my studio and the time I spend in there. 

Thanks so much for coming to take a look :d 

Have a wonderful weekend.








8 comments:

  1. LOVE your story! Gorgeous colours this time around & you've used them beautifully - the SF sketches are brill, I reckon - & I'm not biased...well, not too much!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story, please post a colour photo of your studio at some stage. My studio is also my happy place when I am not in it for work reasons, though even that is therapy in its own way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your journaling, Val! I love your resolution of this case, but mostly, I love that sage green! Sweet layout, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your page, your journalling and details look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Val!!! Love the page you created and love all the tags! Lovely layering and those soft colours are just fabulous! Gorgeous work as always!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding me...this just blows everything I've seen all day out of the water! The layers are just STUNNING!!!!!!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, absolutely love your LO. What really impresses me is all the layering of embellishments. I think the half compass picture is a great addition, adds balance. I need to incorporate these techniques :)
    I just joined CSI and looking forward to joining in some of the challenges. The site seems to be a great resource for newbie scrappers looking to expand...
    Thank you, btw, for your words of wisdom. Im going to walk away and revisit later and maybe add some layering...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete